Allow Google Meet to use Webcam

I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 & KIS 2019.  I have all access to the webcam blocked so no unauthorized spying can occur but I have Zoom authorized to use the webcam using application control.  However, I have to start using Google Meet but I’m unsure how to allow it.  Zoom is its own program so that was easy to allow but Google Meet is a URL accessed through Chrome.  

Any recommendations on how to continue restricting Chrome access to the webcam but allowing Google Meet?

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dennis

@FLOOD ,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I added the following exclusions for meet.google.com to the URL Exclusion list and the Trusted URLs as advised (see below).  I rebooted the laptop and retried it but unfortunately, the webcam is still blocked.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Hello @StPeteDR,

• 1 When you get the Google Chrome “Application is not allowed to access webcam” alert, is there a notification in the Windows Notification Center? 
  • 2 In Google Meet, have you granted the permissions?
  • 3 In KIS WebCam access it’s necessary to toggle the WebCam block OFF, until it traps the Google alert, then manually grant permission for Google, see my images

Camera is starting, i.e blocked😢

Using Webcam ✅

Please let us know how you go?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I unchecked the “Block access to webcam for all applications”.  When I start Google Meet, it says Chrome is using the webcam.  I can always manually add Chrome but the whole point of having Chrome blocked is so I don’t have unauthorized webcam access while using the browser.  I only want Google Meet to have access.  Maybe I’m missing something?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hello @StPeteDR

I understand👍 

(imo), currently with KIS, this is not possible.  

You may wish to ask Kaspersky Technical Support:

• They’ll need the info you’ve provided here, a GSI & Windows Logs, and images or video of the issue and they may need Traces, they will guide you with Traces collection if needed. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human🕵 will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please let us know their advice when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳