all devices connected to my router being shown as online all at the same time even when some are powered off or just with Wi-Fi turned off.

So in Devices in My Network I can monitor my devices connecting to it and a lot of strange and suspicous things are happening from all devices connected to my router being shown as online all at the same time even when some are powered off or just with Wi-Fi turned off.

The devices are two smartphones, one laptop where two devices are shown, I assume the second one with the same name is from the Wifi? Still turned off and was shown alongside all other devices as connected.

I’ve run a complete scan in Kaspersky aswell as Malwarebytes and it’s clean so it seems. I am concerned of a possible breach in my network. In my old router it already happened, my ISP recently installed a newer router and it still happens also I’m not fully sure how secure it is. What can I do to make sure I’m not compromised in any way?

• 4 months later...

Same with my router… some devices are showing like 26-character names… can we block those devices until we figure out which legitimate device is references too?  I don’t want our data our router to be compromised. 

Kaspersky Community please help us! 

thanks,

Christina

@ChristinaW Welcome. Devices that are connecting your home network are added to the list, e.g. also visitors who are obtaining Internet access with their mobile device. Kaspersky sends an alert on the first connection.

Please read this K-Lab article : How to deny network access for a device

Also : How to view devices in my network

“Kaspersky Security Cloud shows the following information about devices connected to your Wi-Fi network or the wireline Ethernet network” ….