Advanced settings and webcam; preventing spying through webcam

D14BL0

Hi

I was checking my scan settings and by mistake opened advanced settings, i am worried i effected them, is there a way to check they are on default settings and if not what should i set things to?

Also for preventing spying through webcam, is selecting webcam protection on good enough. Or must I select block access to webcam for all apps and the turn that off each time i use my webcam and back on again after.

Many thanks

Hi @D14BL0 

Please see How to restore the default application settings

Webcam settings :

Please see this Kaspersky Support article :

https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/21.3/en-US/82864.htm 

→ More Tools →  Manage Applications →  Application Control →  Manage Application (*)
→ Details and rules  → Application rules > Rights [Tab]

(*) In the list, select the application for which you want to Allow/Deny webcam access.
Right-click  application name , select → “Details and rules” to open  “Application rules” window

Application rules > Rights [Tab]
→  Operating system modification →  Suspicious modifications in the operating system
→  Access webcam → Action  :  Allow / Deny → Save

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The link for how to restore default settings seems to be for kaspersky security cloud, i was able to find the site for kaspersky internet security 2017 and kaspersky internet security 2019, im not sure which kaspersky i have, it should be the latest . 2021?  should i use one of these or is there another method.

Many thanks