Ad Blocker in Kaspersky

On 6/23/2022 at 8:06 PM, SystemInfo said:

Good evening, I know KTS has Kaspersky Protection, but it doesn't block youtube ads.
I was wondering if Kaspersky has any ad blocking tools?

Good evening, Is there anyone who could help me with the above issue?

24 minutes ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @SystemInfo

Kaspersky has Anti-Banner protection component, more information here

YouTube ads are not always blocked, there is a requirement to improve the blocking of ads in YouTube videos (4748699). 

Thank you for your help.
I checked the 4748699 you reported, it's been over a year now and kaspersky hasn't resolved anything about the youtube ad blocker. this is a shame to use third party extensions, i find that horrible. thanks more for the help, I'll be here waiting for this Youtube Ad blocker.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 2:47 AM, SystemInfo said:

Thank you for your help.
I checked the 4748699 you reported, it's been over a year now and kaspersky hasn't resolved anything about the youtube ad blocker. this is a shame to use third party extensions, i find that horrible. thanks more for the help, I'll be here waiting for this Youtube Ad blocker.

If anyone is waiting for a kaspersky youtube ad blocking tool, continue with this topic.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

It's true that I also reported this issue even last year during beta testing, but still not fixed...

I'm glad there's another one who thinks the same as me, we'll be waiting for this functionality for Kaspersky, but more than a year has passed, will the Kaspersky team do it, I have my doubts.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Would using adblock plus or uBlock Origin be better with kaspersky total?  Those blodcik youtube ads?

Also what exact youtube ads do you mean?  Those on the youtube page or when you play a video because don't you have to pay for youtube premium to block those skip ads?

So just remove the kaspersky protection extension and download that extension?  Anti banner mode suppose to be on or off?

You mean those ads that if you just let it play, it could be 5 minutes or more?  Or you wait a bit for it play a short ad, then you click skip ad?  Thought you had to pay youtube premium for that?

You can keep it enabled, or just disable and use uBlock Origin, because for the rest of sites, probably both enabled is redundant, and Anti-Banner may slow down pages loading.

You mean those ads that if you just let it play, it could be 5 minutes or more?  Or you wait a bit for it play a short ad, then you click skip ad?  Thought you had to pay youtube premium for that?

Yes

• Like 1

I'm saying that Kaspersky doesn't develop an ad blocker for youtube, every time I put it to watch a video or listen to a song, the ad always appears at the beginning of the video.
I know there are several extensions that can remove this type of advertisement, but it would be perfect if Kaspersky had this tool to do this, since I would feel much safer than these extensions that several developers create around the internet.

37 minutes ago, Joefram80 said:

okay.  how do i download the ublock origin extension on chrome step by step?  

Hello @Joefram80

• In the Chrome browser: go to Chrome Web Store, select uBlock Origin extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en-GB ; select Add to Chrome  ( see image):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2792f487fdc6422623dde76e533c6b0b.png

• Make sure the extension is enabled: chrome://extensions/   (see image): 
  • Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c86a5e6b0abb668810e22c736376da4a.png

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

How do i download ublock origin for chrome?  i currently using kaspersky protection extension on chrome because im using kaspersky total security AV.

do i just go here on chrome browser below... then click on get ublock origin on top right? 

https://ublockorigin.com/

is it possible i been getting ton of lag because of kaspersky total antivirus... but also because of the kaspersky protection extension on chrome?  So install ublockorigin and turn off kaspersky total AV and the kaspersky protection chrome extension and have windows defender on and see if chrome and computer still lags?

On 7/17/2022 at 1:09 AM, harlan4096 said:

You can keep it enabled, or just disable and use uBlock Origin, because for the rest of sites, probably both enabled is redundant, and Anti-Banner may slow down pages loading.

Yes

you want me to turn off anti banner on kaspersky total when using kaspersky total?

7 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

do i just go here on chrome browser below... then click on get ublock origin on top right?
https://ublockorigin.com/

Yes , this is the correct install procedure to obtain the Ublock Origin extention :

ublock.jpg.a3af4e74d4591a7cc764761e1f4cb6cf.jpg

Under normal conditions the Kaspersky Protection extension doesn't slow down browsing,
except as mentioned above  → "Anti-Banner may slow down pages loading "

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 1:09 AM, harlan4096 said:

Yes

you want me to turn off anti banner on kaspersky total when using kaspersky total?

• Like 1