Activation issue- excceded number of maximum activations

Chrisps
Go to solution Solved by Chrisps,

Hello,

Please can somebody here assist me with this case ID INC000015013577.Please check

I needed a reset of my activation code. Support simply refused to help even though i sent the invoice as proof of purchase. 

Now they sent my an email that my case is solved but it is not. I have never encountered such a rude customer representative.

Can someone please assist ? I do not know how to proceed if support simply refuses to help. Never been in such a situation.

Thank you

The activation counter on your license has been reset. Your activation code may be used for activation again. 

We apologize for any inconveniences that might have been caused. 

13 hours ago, Chrisps said:

Help me understand , what did i do wrong?

Checking with the customer service team on what could have been a miscomunication issue, as I do not have all data before my eyes. Will keep you updated on the results.

• Like 1

miscomunication issue?? No way, the customer rep had all the info he needed to perform the reset yet he stubbornly kept refusing . Read chat script.

And after refusing to assis with the issue i received the following email "just to make things perfect"

Dear customer,

According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged, and we will continue working towards a resolution.

If you have no further questions, then you can simply ignore this message, and we will close your request for you within 10 days.

We have obtained your personal data from you directly. The provided data will only be used for the provision of technical support and will be processed and protected in accordance with Kaspersky Data Privacy Statement for technical support for Africa, Australia, Denmark, Middle East, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America

Best regards,
Kaspersky Technical Support

AO Kaspersky Lab, bldg. 3, 39A, Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow, 125212, Russian Federation. The representative of AO Kaspersky Lab in EU is Kaspersky Labs GmbH, Despag-Str. 3, 85055 Ingolstadt, Germany.

To me it seems that support did this on purpose. No miscommunication issues

2 hours ago, Chrisps said:

Read chat script.

Your chat was initially handled by a recently hired i.e. inexperienced agent, and this was the source of confusion with the wrongly sent resolution message, as well as a duplicate request of proof of purchase. Having said that, the 1-device license appears to have been used 19 times to activate the app and appears to have been reset multiple times in the recent past, these are some of the factors we train our staff to be suspicious of when dealing with activation limit and device limit enquiries.

Please accept our apologies.

• Solution

Yes it was reset multiple times but always on the same device. I do not see that as an issue since its a one device license.

This kind of activation errors should not even happen in the first place when a license key is used always on the same device. Suggestion, implement a more accurate licensing management system. Other av vendors have it and such things dont even occur as the user is able to clear the seats of used licenses themselves thus avoiding unpleasant situations. 

That being said i guess i 'll stick with windows defender from now on. It does a pretty good job and its free.