Acess Blocked to Internet Site

Speedy1

Why am I getting this message . . . I’m not out of country

“We appreciate your interest in Publishers Clearing House.Unfortunately at this time we are unable to process international online transactions. Please keep in mind that under the official rules for Publishers Clearing House there are geographic limitations ……..”

Okay…..so  I turned it off VPN and I could get in the website.  I turned VPN back on and I could not get in the website.   So………………...does that meant someone from another country is trying to use my account on that particular website and it tells me they have it blocked?  Most of the time I can get in the website without any problems.  Is it safe to use it when I can get in and VPN is active?

Hi @,
I don't think there is any problem with your account.

The site blocks access from users who are not in the United States. However, since you can get a US IP by using a VPN, access via VPN is generally blocked. For this purpose, the site evaluates the IP address and recognizes an unauthorized access based on the IP when the VPN is active.

I could try to access from Germany with the same IP. That you are authorized and I am not, the software can not distinguish. So all known VPN exit points are blocked. Since not all VPN IPs are known to the site, the access works depending on the exit point.