Accessing KTS 2021 b without entering a password. How to require settings password each time?

SAJFLADD
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

In KTS2021a, I had password protection turned on to access settings. I used to select require password each time, rather than keep it for the current session. Even if keep for the current session was selected, rebooting the machine would wipe that selection, so the password would again have to be entered 

However, KTS2021b got installed last week, and as seen in the screenshot, I have password protection turned on, but can access settings without having to enter the password, even after a reboot. So what’s going on? How can I get it to require the password to be entered each time I want to access settings?

Thanks 

S

Hello @SAJFLADD

Welcome back!

Export KTS Settings, Reset KTS settings, shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, activate the KTS password protection again, recheck the issue, if it persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template; Support will request traces & other data to assist you determine the issue

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋