Access denied Malicious website:livechatinc.

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Whenever I visit the website familytreemagazine.com I get an error window from Kasperky “Access denied - Malicious website:livechatinc.com.

This doesn’t happen on any other website and I would have thought that the website for Family Tree Magazine would have been safe.

What is going on? Should I be concerned? If so, what do I do about it?

Robin

Windows 10 - Kasperky Internet Security.

I submitted for analysis. I don’t know if you can see this - https://opentip.kaspersky.com/www.familytreemagazine.com%2F/  but there is a check mark and it says “good”.

Hello @Robin5436

Thank you for posting back! 

• Kaspersky Live chat operator has reproduced the issue, as have we. 
  • The site has been reported to Kaspersky to advise if it’s a false positive? 
  • We’ll update your topic as soon as the information is available. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I am still getting this message. This is a mainstream and popular web site, so I hope/assume this is a “false positive” although it is irritating to have that message pop up every couple of seconds. I do want to be able to go to the web site. Can you guide me as to whether it would be reasonable to go there and just ignore the message? Robin

I am still getting this message. This is a mainstream and popular web site, so I hope/assume this is a “false positive” although it is irritating to have that message pop up every couple of seconds. I do want to be able to go to the web site. Can you guide me as to whether it would be reasonable to go there and just ignore the message? Robin

Hello @Robin5436,

We've had two responses from the Kaspersky experts; the first was not at all helpful; we sought further information; they responded:
Sent: Tuesday, 8 June 2021 22:04

qte

• "The website contains malicious scripts that can steal user's passwords or bank card information."

unqte

• At this time, Kaspersky are not confirming a false positive.
  • Kaspersky are aware familytreemagazine.com is a mainstream and popular web site.
  • We're still engaged with Kaspersky about the issue. 
  • We've also been in touch with familytreemagazine web administrators. 
  • Please wait for more information. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I don’t understand. Are you saying the problem is my Malwarebytes?

Hello @Robin5436

• The issue is with the familytreemagazine.com site. 
  • familytreemagazine technical support experts have confirmed familytreemagazine.com was recently contaminated; they are currently taking action & working with security vendors, including Kaspersky, to have familytreemagazine whitelisted. 
  • Also, Kaspersky experts are working on the issue, a case was formally logged with Kaspersky 2nd June 2021, the process takes time, atm please do not use familytreemagazine.
  • We will update this topic as soon as information is available.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Note: regarding Malwarebytes, IF you’re using KIS and Malwarebytes at the same time, it’s recommended to turn OFF Malwarebytes Real time protection. 

Hi @Robin5436 

Quote: I don’t understand. Are you saying the problem is my Malwarebytes?

No.

It was a TEST with Malwarebytes to see if same  as what Kaspersky blocked<>familytreemagazine.com

What i said is that Malwarebytes detected<>livechatinc.com<>as-riskware<>in outbound connection.

You QUOTE

(I visit the website familytreemagazine.com I get an error window from Kasperky “Access denied - Malicious website:livechatinc.com)

Why you no mention you had Malwarebytes installed also?

Kasperskky blocked both<>familytreemagazine.com<>llivechatinc.com.

Malwarebytes only blocked<>llivechatinc.com

Also i tested with Firefox browser 64bit using HTTPS//<>which also blocked<>website:livechatinc.com<>but not<>familytreemagazine.com

Conclusion i suspect>livechatinc.com<>LINK<>not safe or secure in TEST.

Thank you

OK - I am trying to pull together the different responses. (I have moderate technical ability but not enough to totally understand things going on underneath the surface or in the background.)

First - I was wrong when I mentioned my Malwarebytes. I have used it in the past but am not using it now.

Second - so the conclusion at this point it that something happened at familytreemagazine and it is currently being addressed, but still in process so stay away for now?

Third - I am trying to understand the connection between ftm and livechat.com. I assume the latter is a function used in places where one wants to carry on a chat in present time. Does that automatically get accessed when logging on to ftm? Can I somehow turn it off?

• Solution

@Robin5436

1. “MBAM Browser Guard” as well as some other testing tools  are blocking the url.
  2. Yes
  3. It looks like FTM contains a malicious script that is pointing to livechat

The problem is on the side of FTM, currently Kaspersky only does what it should do to protect  you on your side.

I will not close this Topic , but  this Community cannot provide a solution.