2fa for password mananger

Someone could explain to me why a company like Kaspersky that work for the security online
dont have a two-factor authentication in the Password Manager. I have tried different password managers and they all have this option inside for 100% protection. Maybe I missed something. How I can be sure that nobody entry in my password manager without two-factor Authentication!

Hello @paolovic,

Welcome!

• Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, select KPM, I have a suggestion template - see image.
  • The Kaspersky Technical Team/Developers will assess the request, measure against many benchmarks, sometimes, enhancements are implemented, however, the process can be very slow. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

• Please let the Kaspersky Community know what they advise, when the information is available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

IMHO the Password Manager is ‘an extra’ rather than the core security suite software.  So whilst 2FA is an option for dedicated software like Dashlane I can accept it not being here.  And 2FA will always be an ‘optional’ extra, as you need another device for it to work.

As to the question of is 2FA critical?  Well, yes and no.

If it can be reasonably easily implemented then sure, why not, and Kaspersky might well head down that path.

But consider other secure devices like hardware encrypted HDD.  All of these are protected by a single password as there is no ability to easily implement 2FA.  Single password login is the default for all Windows, Mac OS, email, etc. etc. 

And at the end of the day any password management software *reduces* your security - you are simply using it for convenience.  So I’ll cut them a little slack here :-)

• 2 months later...

😡 My Kaspersky account is more secure with 2FA and unless somone want’s to go in any pay my next anti-virus subscription, this makes no sense. If someone hacks my Password Manager password, not only will they have access to my Kaspersky password, they’ll have access to hundreds of other passwords.

Kaspersky need to enable 2FA on Password Manager as a priority and reprimand themselves for not doing it already. 😡

Hello @ScottAU1

Welcome!

• Log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, select KPM, Feedback, I have a suggestion template - see image above, posted 12th May 2020. 
  • The Kaspersky Technical Team/Developers will assess the request, measure against many benchmarks, including frequency / request numbers → sometimes, enhancements are implemented, however, the process can be very slow. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳