2021 version, When? What's new? [merged]

Hello. Good afternoon. I want to khnow when come kaspersky total security 2021? 

5 august 2020 

When come for download ? 

Thankyou for service ?⚘????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @DaNTaF,

Welcome!

According to Kaspersky, atm:

• “KTS, KIS, and KAV version 2021 has only been released for USA and Canada, it will be rolled out to Australia and New Zealand 11th August 2020 and will continue to be rolled out in staggered distribution to the rest of the world between August to October 2020” 
  • Atm, the actual dates for “rest of the world” are not available, and as with all patches & versions, all dates are subject to change. 
  • For KIS 2021 US & or Canada, the download link is available in Kaspersky Internet Security release notes

⚠ Make sure System requirements are confirmed before installing any new version. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @DaNTaF,

Welcome!

According to Kaspersky, atm:

• “KTS, KIS, and KAV version 2021 has only been released for USA and Canada, it will be rolled out to Australia and New Zealand 11th August 2020 and will continue to be rolled out in staggered distribution to the rest of the world between August to October 2020” 
  • Atm, the actual dates for “rest of the world” are not available, and as with all patches & versions, all dates are subject to change. 
  • For KIS 2021 US & or Canada, the download link is available in Kaspersky Internet Security release notes

⚠ Make sure System requirements are confirmed before installing any new version. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks!

Is there any difference between USA version to EU?

Hello @DaNTaF,

You’re most welcome🙂 !

• (ioo) yes, otherwise Kaspersky would have combined the US, Canada & EU release, however, for an absolute answer, log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, ​​​on the contacts page, select your Location, select Application use, select from available options: ONLINE CHAT (not available all locations) PHONE (not available all locations), SUBMIT A REQUEST - via your MyKaspersky account; include images and a detailed history.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello,

Does KIS 2020 automatically upgrade to KIS 2021 or i need to do it manually (going to website and downloading installer). I dont want to lose my firewall settings for all apps installed on my pc.

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/kis-automatic-update/6405/

I cant find any more information about it on google so im asking KIS users or maybe KIS agents here.

Thank you!

Hello @Sib3riX,

Welcome back!

• The new version can be downloaded from the www (if it’s available in your region) or you may wish to wait for the silent auto-upgrade. 
  • A version update should not affect current application settings, however, as (we) all know a version update has started for some regions & is “coming” = staggered distribution around the rest world, as a precaution, Export KIS Settings (configuration)1 , when the new version arrives & is applied, if any of the Settings/configuration have gone haywire, you’ll have (your) original Settings/config available to Import2

• Note: after exporting Settings, don’t make any application changes & or, if application/firewall changes are made, export the new config each time. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

KIS v2021 what’s new?

@Sib3riX ,
I just installed KIS2021 over v2020 without losing any settings in firewall/app control, but there are a few other settings that may revert to default afterwards-

https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/2021_MR1/en-us/71677.htm

• When a previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security is upgraded, the following application settings are replaced with default settings:
    • Kaspersky Internet Security display settings
    • Scan schedule
    • Participation in Kaspersky Security Network
    • File Anti-Virus protection level
    • Mail Anti-Virus protection level
    • Anti-Banner settings
    • Update sources
    • List of trusted web addresses
    • URL Advisor settings
  • After an upgrade from a previous version, Kaspersky Internet Security starts automatically even if automatic startup of the application is disabled in the settings that have been saved. When the operating system restarts afterwards, Kaspersky Internet Security does not start automatically if automatic startup of the application is disabled in the settings that have been saved.

@Sib3riX ,
I just installed KIS2021 over v2020 without losing any settings in firewall/app control, but there are a few other settings that may revert to default afterwards-

https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/2021_MR1/en-us/71677.htm

• When a previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security is upgraded, the following application settings are replaced with default settings:
    • Kaspersky Internet Security display settings
    • Scan schedule
    • Participation in Kaspersky Security Network
    • File Anti-Virus protection level
    • Mail Anti-Virus protection level
    • Anti-Banner settings
    • Update sources
    • List of trusted web addresses
    • URL Advisor settings
  • After an upgrade from a previous version, Kaspersky Internet Security starts automatically even if automatic startup of the application is disabled in the settings that have been saved. When the operating system restarts afterwards, Kaspersky Internet Security does not start automatically if automatic startup of the application is disabled in the settings that have been saved.

@i9cripple 

Thanks for info. Just upgraded to KIS 2021 over KIS 2020 and everything is working fine. Most of my settings are saved!

Hello everyone - my first post.

I like KIS and have used it for years. What i dont like is renewal time ehere the company (K) are always slow to release new versions or give dates that come and go with no show while the product active days remaining slowly ticks away with the nag messages becoming more frequent. KIS 21 is available in certain regions on the mail website but not the UK, WHY is this? It is not available from re-sellers either. You only have to take a look around to find that most if not all the competition have their 2021 products available. I have 10 days remaining after which I will move to an alternative company if KIS 21 is still not available in the uk. ( End of rant )

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - my first post.

I like KIS and have used it for years. What i dont like is renewal time ehere the company (K) are always slow to release new versions or give dates that come and go with no show while the product active days remaining slowly ticks away with the nag messages becoming more frequent. KIS 21 is available in certain regions on the mail website but not the UK, WHY is this? It is not available from re-sellers either. You only have to take a look around to find that most if not all the competition have their 2021 products available. I have 10 days remaining after which I will move to an alternative company if KIS 21 is still not available in the uk. ( End of rant )

KIS 2021 is available as of today in the UK, https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/kis21

I personally don’t really care when the new version will come, and I think that other private customers also shouldn’t pay that much attention to when will the new version come.  Kaspersky surely has a reason for not releasing new version everywhere at the same tame. The license key you buy is valid for the next version as well, and the update will come when ready. You are still protected, databases update every day. What is the problem then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...