2021 version, When? What's new? [merged]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@bobbycooper i got answer that version 2021 will be available sometime in May (english version) and other versions will be out gradually depends on region..

But May or june don´t care because i must wait for release czech version another 2 months 😭

You contacted support and they told you about when it will release?

Do you have any update?

Thanks @Igor Kurzin when the TR ( Technical Release) English version of KIS 2021 will be out. I read that it will be out soon. Any idea when exactly? 

Hi, TR 2021 English version will never be out. It has been given only by technical support and only in certain situations when it is necessary. 

@AHS0, technical support applies to all users. If there is a problem that cannot be solved in the current version, technical support can provide you with a new version before its official release.

The company never announced the exact release dates for the new version.
Why should this year be any different?

• 3 weeks later...

@harlan4096 posted this on Malwaretips,com forum:

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kav-kis-kts-kfa-ks-ksos-21-1-10-361-mr1-beta.101142/page-4#post-885874

Yes, there are some changes in GUI and in green colour, some new features as support of DoH and others removed as TAM.

This is taken from online HELP of K2021MR0:

What's new

The following new features and improvements are introduced in Kaspersky Total Security:

Added full support for Microsoft Windows 10 19H2.
The following interface improvements were made:
Added link to the PC Cleaner window that takes the user to a list of applications that were installed without the user’s consent.
Added the ability to change the default application icon to the image of the bear Midori Kuma.
Added the ability to change the appearance of the graphical interface.
Improved support for the following browsers:
Secure Data Input technology has now been implemented in the Kaspersky Protection extension for the browsers Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.
Added support for Microsoft Edge based on Chromium browser.
Limited support for the Microsoft Edge browser. This browser no longer supports Secure Data Input and Protected Browser. You continue to be protected during Traffic scanning.
Improved integration with Kaspersky Password Manager:
Implemented a joint installation feature with Kaspersky Password Manager.
Added notifications that help the user to download and install Kaspersky Password Manager. Notifications are displayed when the browser is opened.
Added ability to install the Kaspersky Password Manager extension in the browser from a notification.
The following feature was removed:
Application Advisor.
IM Anti-Virus
Trusted Applications mode.
Added ability to search for vulnerabilities in the operating system
Applied new Company rebranding. Now the Kaspersky name is used instead of Kaspersky Lab.
The user forum has been replaced with a user community (the web resource and links to it have been renamed).
Added ability to ignore notifications in the Notification Center.
Added dialog box to confirm changes to settings in the Manage applications window.
Improved Privacy Cleaner component Fixed Component bugs.
Improved integration with My Kaspersky:
New windows, buttons, and text elements have been added to the interface, which now allow you to save application activation codes to your My Kaspersky account.
After you activate the trial version of the application, you will now see a window prompting you to connect to My Kaspersky.
Added ability to display notifications about the need to set a password to access the application settings if the Kaspersky Safe Kids protection for kids application is installed on the computer.
Implemented user authorization to gain access to backup storage files. When restoring backups, the application now checks the user's access rights to the folders that the backup is being restored to. If the user does not have administrator rights, the user will not be able to restore data to a folder to which he does not have access rights.
Improved information display about the current license.
Removed the ability to save backups to a FTP server.

• 2 weeks later...

Please for 2021 :

1.new icon K update 

2.dark mode GUI / new GUI 

3.search advisor only for web link .now it is for all click text !!!

4.HM Virtualization not enabled say "hardware virtualization unavailable. It has been found that the operating system is not stable when using hardware virtualization." (LATEST KTS patch K with win.10 vers.2004 NOT WORK !!!)

5.Improve start 

6.improve firewall settings 

@bengos 

4. HW virtualization working with patch k (in earlier patch i) was solved https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/hw-virtualization-and-virtual-machine-closed-7025
Please check your HW VT in taskmanager (if you have windows 10) or verify it in BIOS.

5. Improve start? Do you think when after boot you click on kaspersky from taskbar and still loading? It is because kaspersky letting all resources for windows after this is kaspersky fully loaded (if you have SSD it is much faster).

6.Which settings?

@nexon not work HW virtualization ,i check !in latest KTS patch K

cmd admin

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Restart PC.

in taskmanager YES it is activate !

- NOT WORK !

Why no sound in win 10 ?

Why not have dark mode ?

Firewall settings more practical and simpler,permission or blocking (interactiv mode) !