2 ignored cloud objects on Kaspersky Security Cloud Free

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

@Berny I also put the Kaspersky extension on Firefox and downloaded Kaspersky Password Manager, because the 2 recomandations on the notification center were ignored (but I runned a full scan and the ignored objects still there)

Olá @3m1l10

Just for the moment, on the 1st of June there were the 2 objects skipped - correct?

• 1 Post an image of Detalhes for the skipped objects

• 2 In Detailed Reports, select Scan, select 30 dias, select Exportar, save the Report as a .txt file, attach📎 to your topic please? 

Muito obrigado🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @3m1l10,

Thank you👌

This topic has been raised previously:

KIS Full Scan, Cloud objects skipped by @MDT 

KIS Full Scan, Cloud objects skipped by @iosman123 

KIS Cloud item ignored in scan by @Andy2c 

1. Is there any cloud storage used? 
  2. When the scans are active, what other applications are active? 

Please let us know?

Muito obrigado🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 1) Yes, Dropbox, OneDrive has only empty folders, I runned the selective scan on Dropbox, and 1 cloud object was ignored, was an Avast HTML Document, so I deleted it. 

2)Browser, sometimes Discord, sometimes Zoom, sometimes Whatsapp Desktop, sometimes TupiTube Desk, sometimes Pencil2D. But yesterday I runned the full scan without me using my computer, only the scan working, and the ignored objects were still there.

Hello @3m1l10,

Thank you👌

According to Kaspersky Security Cloud documentation, Scanning files in OneDrive cloud storage

In Windows 10 RS3 1709 or later, Kaspersky Security Cloud does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage. If the application detects such files during a scan, it shows a notification stating that the files in cloud storage were not scanned.

Unfortunately, the documentation does not refer to any other cloud storage, and unfortunately, as Kaspersky Security Cloud is the free version, there’s no access to Kaspersky Technical Support; allow us some time, we’ll test what we can & see if we can replicate the issue.

Muito obrigado🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 1) Yes, Dropbox, OneDrive has only empty folders, I runned the selective scan on Dropbox, and 1 cloud object was ignored, was an Avast HTML Document, so I deleted it. 

2)Browser, sometimes Discord, sometimes Zoom, sometimes Whatsapp Desktop, sometimes TupiTube Desk, sometimes Pencil2D. But yesterday I runned the full scan without me using my computer, only the scan working, and the ignored objects were still there.

@FLOOD Correction: the selective scan wich had the one ignored object was on OneDrive, not on Dropbox

Hello @3m1l10,

Thank you for the clarification👌

• We’ve setup 1drive, ran a Selective scan, Scan duration = 0 seconds, result = 97 Cloud objects skipped - image1, Details = no information - image2

• In the local 1drive folder there are 97 files. 
  • Regarding Details, no information, logically, this makes sense, if nothing was scanned, there’s no information to log. 
  • (imo) “In Windows 10 RS3 1709 or later, Kaspersky Security Cloud does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage. If the application detects such files during a scan, it shows a notification stating that the files in cloud storage were not scanned” is the obscure information related to “cloud/skipped”, waiting for information from Kaspersky Technical Support🤔

We’ll update you when it’s available.

Muito obrigado🙏

Flood🐳

@3m1l10 Hi, thank you for trying, but that’s not exactly what we are looking to get. Please do this: 

• Open Kaspersky product → More tools → Reports
  • On the right click on Detailed Reports 
  • In the drop down menu select Scan
  • Scroll down and select the Full Scan, so that on the right it shows:

Objetos na nuvem ignorados

• Below this click Detalhes and make a screenshot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hello @3m1l10,

Advice from Moscow HQ Kaspersky Technical experts, sent: Wednesday, 24 June 2020 01:30:

"In Windows 10 RS3 1709 or later, Kaspersky Security Cloud does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage. The notification will “say” x cloud objects skipped.”

“In order for Kaspersky to scan such files, these files have to be completely downloaded from OneDrive Storage to the local machine or computer. This process is quite ineffective as it takes some time to download files, it uses disk resources as well, plus, files are not harmful until they are downloaded.”

unquote

Muito obrigado🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @3m1l10,

Kaspersky Technical Support have corrected their previous advice:

quote:  

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Monday, 29 June 2020 22:08

Unfortunately, our statement on 6/24/2020, "The skipped objects will not only show for OneDrive cloud storage, but for all online cloud drive storage such as Google Drive, One Drive, etc." is incorrect.   

Kaspersky doesn't scan Google Drive and other online cloud drive storages.

Article relates only to OneDrive.”  

unquote
🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳