[11108523] Tech support license accuracy ? [Closed]

ClamD
Go to solution Solved by ClamD,

Hi,

I have a KIS 2015 license that was NEVER activated (as I was trying out KTS instead)...however I did add it to my Kaspersky account and there it stayed inactive as I always had very good experiences (with Kaspersky reps until now) and wasn't worried about doing so.

So this rep claims that my unactivated license was activated years ago, however my memory AND the kaspersky's systems says: "license is not in use" and expiration: "365 days remaining"...so it's either I and the Kaspersky activation system are smoking up contraband or this rep is.

I can't shake the feeling I'm somehow being swindled - either due to unwillingness or otherwise. Is this how Kaspersky treats customers currently?

If that's the case I'll stop purchasing Kaspersky products, sell the ones I have in *sealed* boxes and ward away everyone (family, friends and colleagues) from purchasing Kaspersky products from here on out. Thanks for reading.

Hello  @ClamD,

Welcome!

At the bottom of the KIS License screen (see my image) is there any  “Activated” & “Expires” information?

⚠ Additional, have Kaspersky & or Digital River, provided you with system audit records showing the KIS 2015 License actual activation date?⚠

Please let us know?

Thank you

Hello  @ClamD,

Thank you for replying.

I totally believe you! Only reason I ask is to try to help!

I did/do understand “License not activated”, however, if Kaspersky claim the License was activated & has expired, the “activation/expired” information should be recorded...🤔

⚠ Have Kaspersky & or Digital River, provided you with system audit records showing the KIS 2015 License actual activation date?⚠

• 💥 What a USED, EXPIRED INACTIVE License looks like:

Please let me know?

Thank you

Hello  @ClamD,

Thank you for replying.

I totally believe you! Only reason I ask is to try to help!

I did/do understand “License not activated”, however, if Kaspersky claim the License was activated & has expired, the “activation/expired” information should be recorded...🤔

⚠ Have Kaspersky & or Digital River, provided you with system audit records showing the KIS 2015 License actual activation date?⚠

Please let me know?

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help but I think this is a case where only other Kaspersky reps can assist as someone needs to verify what the responding rep didn't.

Regarding Kaspersky and Digital River - this was purchased directly from Amazon.com (NOT any 3rd parties) as a direct download where only the serial number was provided.

Like I said either that rep is smoking up, OR the Kaspersky activation system and I are ?

Hello  @ClamD,

Absolutely, ONLY Kaspersky Tech can sort this, however, you’ve posted in the Kaspersky Community portal, so naturally, we try to assist, to do that we ask various questions, and sometimes, we shed light & clarity where there’s been confusion or misinformation, sometimes….

• Note: Amazon.com is not a Kaspersky verified distributor. 
  • It’s not unheard of, for non-authorised Merchants to sell the same activation code multiple times, that may well be the case here, Kaspersky’s records, showing activated License may be accurate, in that, whoever else purchased the same License code, did activate & use it… 

➡ After your continued Kaspersky Technical Support consultations, please let us know the outcome?⬅

Thank you. 

Why it is better to purchase an antivirus directly from the developer

I have no idea of Amazon.com's dealings with Kaspersky but all I know is Amazon.com is VERY Reputable and has never intentionally sold me something other than advertised.

If what you say were true that they sold the serial to me and others (I've bought MANY software products from Amazon.com (NOT a 3rd party) and nothing illegal or weird has ever happened) - then wouldn't it be impossible to link it to my account if someone else registered it, also wouldn't it show that it was activated too if it had been registered?

I know you're only trying to help but such outrageous speculation only fills more holes in the dubious claims of the support rep who handled this case.

To be honest I'd rather wait for another support rep to assist me than further muddy the waters with mere speculation. Thanks regardless.

P.S. Yes, I'll update this thread if support contacts me privately. What I suspect is to blame is the willingness of some reps to really assist paying customers.

Hello  @ClamD,

Fact: Amazon.com is not a Kaspersky business partner.

• Kaspersky Technical Support are the only Kaspersky Team who can help you. 
  • For assistace with the issue, you must re-engage with Kaspersky Technical Support
  • Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, presumably you have an INC# request from your first interactions🤔 , if that request has not been closed, you can communicate with the Kaspersky Technical Team via replying to the automated email you received when you initially raised the issue, alternatively, if the INC# is still open you can update the case with all your concerns, via your MyKaspersky account. 
  • As you’re not happy with the support you’ve received to date, from the Kaspersky Technical Team, please detail your concerns in your original INC#  & or by reply email to the  Kaspersky Technical Team.
  • If you add the information to the INC# in your MyKaspersky account you can “assign” the INC to a Manager for review. 
  • If the original INC# is closed you’ll need to raise a new case. 

Note: The Kaspersky Technical Team & the Kaspersky Community are two entirely separate entities. 

Thank you.

Fact: Amazon.com isn't generating keys with magical polka-dot gerbils...if this were the case the lawyers would be all over this and it'd be Frontline news.

So somewhere along the Kaspersky supply chain they're getting keys from somewhere - that's for Kaspersky to handle.

Secondly, I've already replied to that unhelpful rep, but thanks for assuming and NOT asking.

Thirdly, you seem VERY argumentative and unwilling for Kaspersky support reps to respond - why's that?

Frankly I don't care about the nuances of which Kaspersky forum I'm posting this...so if your idea of helping is to create a mountain of a mole hill - you're barking up the wrong tree.

Have a great day and leave this to Kaspersky reps. Thank you, but No Thank you.

Hello  @ClamD,

The Kaspersky documented advice for all License issues is to enlist the assistance of Kaspersky Technical Support.

The Community, including Moderators, is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you) , all who give their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees - all of whom are clearly identifiable, bc, their profile shows "Kaspersky Lab Employee". For the most part, & from my observations, the willing helpers engage in providing technical analysis to address technical issues.

Thank you. 

Hi,

I'm not a newb when it comes to technical support. Kaspersky tech support is who I contacted first about this issue, but since I got a nonsensical response I decided to post the issue here - as I know from past experiences that Kaspersky reps and volunteer mods patrol these forums and assist wherever they can.

So no, I'm not expecting regular users to assist me - I'm waiting to see if an employee will.

This isn't the only serial number that I have...however if Kaspersky reps aren't willing to assist, then it's time for me to stop supporting a company who won't support its customers. Thank you.

Hi Berny,

Well I can post the # you are requesting, but I don't want to get anyone in a whole lotta trouble...as this could be an honest mistake OR just plain unwillingness to assist customers.

For now, I'll just wait to see if another rep contacts me or not...cheers ?

@ClamD When reading your  comments in this thread  we of course realize that you are aware that this community can’t fix your issue. If you can/wish  please post an open INC ref,  and i will copy/paste it in your Topic title.

Hey Berny,

The number for this case is: INC000011108523

Thank you.

OMG! What does one do with the unending supply of nonsensical responses from Kaspersky Labs nowadays?

Here's their latest response...please bare in mind that the serial number in question has NEVER been activated...much less used on ANY system.

I've had Magic 8 Ball responses more relivant to technical support than any of these types ?:

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019, at 4:03 PM, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:
>  Dear customer,

> Thank you for your response.We are sorry to learn you felt misinformed 
> about Kaspersky.

> Please allow me to explain further.

> We recommend you to synchronize your My Kaspersky account with the 
> Kaspersky application installed To do this, please open your Kaspersky 
> application, click on the My Kaspersky icon within the Kaspersky 
> application window.

> Check if the status of Kaspersky Interne Security has changed.

> Do provide us the screenshot. In case you need help with that, here's a 
> handy guide about taking screenshots: 
> http://support.kaspersky.com/us/492?cid=pe

> Give us a call in case you need further assistance, our numbers and 
> business hours are one click away: http://support.kaspersky.com/b2c

> Please keep us posted.

> Regards 
> B*********|| Technical Support Representative

• Solution

Hi,

I'd just like to let you guys know I finally found a rep willing to do 'something'...now that UNUSED license *magically* shows as expired on the Kaspersky website.

In truth this isn't what I was expecting when I asked for assistance from Kaspersky tech support - as its the sleaziest outcome one could ever imagine.

The important thing is NOT the $20 license, but if Kaspersky (the reps or software) can be trusted - all the evidence to date says 'No', and I thank them for that.

As a customer, I need to know *if* their services can be relied on (to keep the devices I install them on 'safe') and it seems I can't.

Before this I was a devout and confident Kaspersky customer and always recommended it to others; but now they've lost my respect AND confidence​​​​​.

Attached is the REAL reason for which I couldn't get the license to work, but myself and the app...are too logical (it seems that these licenses have an activation period restriction, so bare that it in mind):

Their latest response claims I need to clear my browser cache - the joke is I NEVER keep browser cache for any session (I always erase as a good precautionary measure).

I wash my hands of You, Kaspersky (as you've washed yours of your customers):

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019, at 12:31 PM, Kaspersky Lab Support wrote:
>  Dear customer,

> Greetings!

> Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Lab Technical Support. My name is 
> Sargunan. Please accept our sincere apologies if there's any 
> miscommunication and the inconvenience caused to you.

> Based on checking from our end , we can verify that the activation code 
> which you have mentioned is already expired. Additionally, we have 
> provided you a screenshot of the same license you are referring. Please 
> see the attached file.

> In addition to the above, we also would like to inform that this might 
> happens due to cache and cookies stored in your browser. Hence, we 
> advise you to follow the below steps to reset you browsers.

> Please reset your browser settings. Please be advised that this process 
> will delete your browsing history, cache, cookies and saved passwords.

> • Internet Explorer: Click on “Tools” -> click on “Internet Options” -> 
> click on “Advanced” -> click on “Reset” -> reset the Internet Explorer 
> settings -> close down Internet Explorer. You may also consult this 
> guide: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

> • Google Chrome: Click on the Options button at the top-right of Chrome 
> -> click “Settings” -> click on “Settings” to the left -> under “On 
> Startup” click on “Set pages” -> delete any pages set -> click on “OK”. 
> Staying in the Settings click on “Manage search engines” -> remove all 
> search engines apart from Google -> click on “OK” -> close down Chrome. 
> You may also consult this guide: 
> http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582

> • Mozilla Firefox -> Click on the Options button at the top-right 
> corner of Firefox -> click on the “?” -> “Troubleshooting Information” 
> -> “Refresh Firefox” -> Confirm the refresh. Then go to “Options” -> 
> “Search” and also "General", make sure to delete all unwanted search 
> engines and start pages. You may also consult this guide: 
> http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Resetting%20preferences

> We recommend to backup your bookmarks to an HTML file before proceeding 
> to Firefox settings reset, please read the "How to" guide at 
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer

> We remain at your disposal.
> Regards 
> S**** Technical Support Representative

Hello  @clara west,

Welcome!

The root cause of this issue was an “Expired Activation Period ”, how is that Kaspersky’s responsibility?

Not providing “Expired Activation Period ” information, to anyone at Kaspersky Technical Support or the Kaspersky Community, until the “conclusion” of the issue, made this issue something it should not have been.

Thank you.

Hello  @clara west,

Welcome!

The root cause of this issue was an “Expired Activation Period”, how is that Kaspersky’s responsibility?

Not providing “Expired Activation Period” information to anyone at Kaspersky Technical Support or the Kaspersky Community until the “conclusion” of the issue, made this issue something it should not have been.

Thank you.

Faulty logic as always.. Can a mod please remove "Flood's" last post and close the thread please.

Thank you.

not sure I fully trust Kaspersky anymore.either. Too many problems now. Similar issue to yours today.

Sadly, Rot spreads...if they're willing to go as far as to falsely data to invalidate a genuine purchase for something as silly as a set of numbers - their services are no longer valuable to me.

A side note:

I remember Kaspersky support quite differently from a few years back - if I had a problem with a serial number, all it took was 1 email and it would be resolved easily (usually by them providing another serial #...but those days seem long gone now...sad.)