“have connected to a new Wi-Fi network.” It’s the same one I’ve been using. Message from Kaspersky Security Cloud

Grannyl

Kaspersky Security Cloud istelling me that I “have connected to a new Wi-Fi network.”  It’s the sameone I’ve been using am I being scammed?  Using Kaspersky free for 30 days . This is about day 15 of my 30 days.

Why would Kaspersky Security Cloud tell me that I “have connected to a new Wi-Fi network”.  I have not.  Using same wi -fi as always. Could someone be hacking my system?  Why would another wi-fi be found? 

• 2 months later...

I’m having the same issue. Every time I boot my PC I get the message “You have connected to a new wired network “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” is this your home network?”

It then gives me the options “Yes, show my devices” and “No”.

Nothing has changed on the network since I shut down the PC, so why am I seeing this.

Hello @trevorwood,

You’re welcome!

➡ For Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller, change the the setting to Local network:

→ shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, if the issue persists and if Kaspersky Security Cloud is licensed:

• Raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, provide a detailed history, images, Kaspersky Security Cloud Reports that show the notification and a GSI & Windows logs
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳