Blocking YouTube using Kaspersky Cloud and endpoint 11.1 [MOVED]

I am trying to block any access to youtube on our machines so our employees can’t watch videos on the job. I set up a black list in web control. I tried using *youtube* but it doesn’t block it. the only way I can get it to block youtube is by entering youtube.com as the address.

I thought it was all set but after doing some testing I found that youtube is not completely blocked. If I go to google and search youtube it will load youtube’s page. After that I can get to youtube by going directly to youtbe.com. If I clear the history in Chrome it will block youtube again until I go through google or another search engine. Meanwhile if you look at the reports in the kaspersky client it says youtube was blocked.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or have an idea how to fix it? Also does anyone know how long it takes for the changes made in the cloud app to apply to the endpoints? it seems like it take a a long time for a change to go in to effect on the client and it is making testing these settings take several hours.   

//Mod Note: moved to the correct section.

@raviparker I tried to change the wildcard to what you suggested and it still does the same thing. Unfortunately I can’t turn on the category for videos because we have some custom training videos in our SharePoint space that they access on the same devices. When I blocked the videos category it blocked access to those videos as well. We have about 40 url’s blocked and YouTube seems to be the only issue after testing. 

@raviparker I tried to change the wildcard to what you suggested and it still does the same thing. Unfortunately I can’t turn on the category for videos because we have some custom training videos in our SharePoint space that they access on the same devices. When I blocked the videos category it blocked access to those videos as well. We have about 40 url’s blocked and YouTube seems to be the only issue after testing. 

Hey Jkuhn,

Sorry for late reply, Please try this as this successfully block youtube.

try wild card as *youtube.com/*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Jkuhn,

Sorry for late reply, Please try this as this successfully block youtube.

try wild card as *youtube.com/*

It may block it for ones but if blocking is applied in schedule manner, it will not block it next time!!!!

I have a similar problem.

First, I deactivate the directive on the local pc ( I have a web directive activated)
When I run a rule on the local pc, it works perfectly.

When I restart the machine, the directive is activated automatically and stops working for me.
How can I have control from my dashboard but with active local rules at the same time? it's possible?

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have the same issue that I set YouTube  blocked but my kid still can use it. Could anyone help me to fix this? Thank you!

Hello @HuyenNguyen

Welcome again, 

• (Your) topic is in Kaspersky Corporate Products, Blocking YouTube using Kaspersky Cloud and endpoint 11.1 section. 
  • We’ve requested the Moderators please move the topic to Kaspersky Safe Kids section, where we’ll happily reply. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 months later...