Upgrade KSC 10 to 11 - SQL backup task error

Go to solution Solved by ioq71,

Hello, We updated last week our KSC from 10.4.343(a) to 11.0.0.1131(a). Since update, we cannot perform backup of the administration server data anymore. This task cannot even be recreated with new task assistant, it isn't listed in administration server of ksc11 tasks. Error occure : "The folder path is incorrect. A 1950/0x3b88 error occurred because the SQL Server does not have write permission in ...:\folderpath..." Folderpath is localy on the KSC server and before upgrade this task worked fine without error. KSC database is on remote server, the account who start ksc services is kladmin and administrator of the server, also sysadmin on the remote database. If we try to backup with : C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\klbackup.exe Another error : "Your SQL Server instance is remote. Use the UNC path for backup and restore." Anything changed with KSC 11 ? How can we now backup server data database with kaspersky tasks ? Also where can i check SQL settings on KSC ? Thanks.

Hello, We updated last week our KSC from 10.4.343(a) to 11.0.0.1131(a). Since update, we cannot perform backup of the administration server data anymore. This task cannot even be recreated with new task assistant, it isn't listed in administration server of ksc11 tasks. Error occure : "The folder path is incorrect. A 1950/0x3b88 error occurred because the SQL Server does not have write permission in ...:\folderpath..." Folderpath is localy on the KSC server and before upgrade this task worked fine without error. KSC database is on remote server, the account who start ksc services is kladmin and administrator of the server, also sysadmin on the remote database. If we try to backup with : C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\klbackup.exe Another error : "Your SQL Server instance is remote. Use the UNC path for backup and restore." Anything changed with KSC 11 ? How can we now backup server data database with kaspersky tasks ? Also where can i check SQL settings on KSC ? Thanks.
Hello! Please check this article for additional information https://help.kaspersky.com/KSC/11/en-US/3667.htm

• Solution
Hi, Thanks for the reply, i have already check this article, yet i finally found the solution, use : "\\folderpath\..." instead of "C:\folderpath..." I don't know how it worked before upgrading, but problem is solved.

• 3 months later...
The reason is related to certain properties of the amdinistration server data backup task. When SQL is installed on a different server than KSC. you must change the path as ioq71 said to a UNC format in order that SQL can be able to write into the remote location. Here is more information about it https://help.kaspersky.com/KSC/11/en-US/3667.htm

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem. When I upgraded KSC I observed this error. Firstly I thought to remove the task and make it again, but it wasn't solved the problem. 
Then I tried to make a folder directly during in the creation of the task, and I observed that if I make a folder in "C" unit I can create the task, but if I try to create the folder in other unit or in a network folder I can't create the task. 
Then, for me the only solution is create the folder en unit C in the same server where is installed KSC. 

• 5 months later...