IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestions for Kaspersky Security Center 10. [In progress], For meaningful messages only. Flood and off-topic posts will be delete
Rating 4 V
juan.dmarco
post 10.07.2013 22:36
Post #41

Advanced Member II

Group: Members

- An option to generate a list with all policies and tasks and their location (full path)

- A "Full path" field in the file generated after export a search, not only "parent group", because in some extructures can be confuse..

Group 1\devices\computers
Group 2\devices\computers
Admin\users\computers

If you make a global search, all computers are listed with the parent group "computers" making difficult to know where really are located

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lincf
post 11.07.2013 07:12
Post #42

Advanced Member I

Why policy and task Inherit from parent group, which set rule are different ?

can group task follow the same group other task?

client visible always more the policy 15 mins why?
which use SC9 don't have the same problem. had refresh MMC...

+Quote Post
Lovet1
post 12.07.2013 22:14
Post #43

only question I have is since versions 8 endpoint release when are we (customers) going to be treated like customers and not test subjects. From Jan to April now to Aug fixes are always around the corner but a stable fully usable product has not been released. I started using Kaspersky when 6 was out and was told by sales that our next release will be way better. I have yet to use a version with all the monitoring in place because it slows the boot process down, slow the software down (even with exclusion list) etc. I just want a version that works WITH the Kaspersky Security Center. I have not been able to rely on it since 10 was released. Let us know what is really going on and if we are still customers to you. Cause I sure don't feel like one.

+Quote Post
siddharthashah
post 24.07.2013 21:39
Post #44

Advanced Member I

Kaspersky Security Centre should have update and scan task in built in policy

+Quote Post
Mikhail Kolobash...
post 30.07.2013 17:58
Post #45

Web services support engineer

Group: KL Russia

Thank you so much!

+Quote Post
jcdinpgh
post 1.08.2013 17:28
Post #46

Advanced Member I

I'd like to see "OS restart" have an option to proceed only if no one is logged on locally. It would making reboots so much easier since I wouldn't have to manually check to see if someone is logged on and I could just force a reboot.

+Quote Post
dferrantelli
post 5.08.2013 20:26
Post #47

QUOTE(turettim @ 27.05.2013 02:41) *
Hi,

since th eKES 8 CF1 :
In the context menu of the application icon located in the Microsoft Windows taskbar notification area, the Pause protection option is no longer accessible if a Kaspersky Security Center policy is applied and active

it would be nice to get this option back with a password!

I definitely want this. We have many devs that need to disable protection sometimes for their projects, and this is really causing a problem.

+Quote Post
Scott Wilson
post 12.08.2013 17:33
Post #48

QUOTE(turettim @ 27.05.2013 00:41) *
Hi,

since th eKES 8 CF1 :
In the context menu of the application icon located in the Microsoft Windows taskbar notification area, the Pause protection option is no longer accessible if a Kaspersky Security Center policy is applied and active

We would also like to see this capability added back into the product. In addition to needing to pause protection when doing installs and upgrades, it also is very valuable to be able to pause protection when troubleshooting various performance and other issues on the computer.

+Quote Post
Ken Giese
post 12.08.2013 18:14
Post #49

Advanced Member I

I would like to see the local task schedules be set to manually, rather then every single deploy being on Monday at 7pm or having to use the outdated format of using the command-line.

--------------------
Kaspersky Security Center 10.3361.0
Network agent 10.0.3361
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 (10.1.0.867)
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 (8.1.0.646)
Kaspersky for WS MP4 (6.0.4.1611)
Kaspersky for FS MP4(6.0.4.1611)

+Quote Post
pmorris1983
post 14.08.2013 15:20
Post #50

I second that. Allow the default scan tasks and update tasks to be set (or disabled) by either group tasks or through policy.

As well as that the bug fixes that I have that are curerently being looked at:
Not Scanned for a long time issue
RDP not working at all from admin console
"Force download of the installation package using network agent" not working
Wake on Lan sometimes shutting down Server 2003 File Servers
Update Source being Kaspersky Security Center rather than the Lab servers or directly from a shared folder.

+Quote Post
msmith45
post 14.08.2013 21:18
Post #51

QUOTE(turettim @ 27.05.2013 00:41) *
Hi,

since th eKES 8 CF1 :

I definitely agree. I would also like to see a way to control pausing protection. There are three options right now when I disable my policy. Pause for a set duration, pause until next restart, and pause until resumed. If we can control these three options, that would be amazing. Such as limiting how long a set duration can be paused for and graying out the other two options.

My reasoning for this is some of our users are not very technically smart so enforcing anti-virus and firewall to stay on at all times but allowing users to build exceptions to the list can be way over their heads. When a program needs to be installed, downloaded, or just accessed and Kaspersky has a false-positive, it can be a pain to get them access. A few of our users are traveling, including myself sometimes, and our environment is pretty relaxed since many people need to install different programs for the projects they are working on.

With allowing users to pause protection, it will give them ability to access files that they mean to access with little to no technical knowledge. If we can control the options within the pause protection feature, I could limit the pause duration time to 15 minutes and gray out the other options. This will prevent users from just keeping Kaspersky constantly off since we know all users try their best to get around security measures =P

+Quote Post
pmorris1983
post 15.08.2013 15:35
Post #52

Will CF1 allow Exchange 2010 SP2 compatibility?

+Quote Post
Helmut
post 15.08.2013 16:07
Post #53

Gold Beta Tester

Group: Moderators

QUOTE(pmorris1983 @ 15.08.2013 12:35) *
Will CF1 allow Exchange 2010 SP2 compatibility?

Do you mean the centralyzed management of Kaspersky Security for Exchange within the KSC? I think not.

+Quote Post
kc_8002
post 21.08.2013 23:48
Post #54

Suggestion

- For disk recovery there must be some sort of live cd which can be used to decrypt data without taking hard drives out of system as incase of laptops it's quite a mess to take drives out and place back after recovery. and there must be some sort of indication progress bar which showes how much encryption process has completed.

- support for blackberry like antimalware should be introduced.

- reporting section should be improved like Security Center should log the activities of kaspersky security center administrator and operators activity like who executed which task and who enforced or changed which policy and the time when it was changed

This post has been edited by kc_8002: 21.08.2013 23:53

+Quote Post
PTFS
post 22.08.2013 15:31
Post #55

Stop adding stuff and fix the current AND I MEAN PROPERLY FIX IT (Not scanned for a long time) comes to mind.

+Quote Post
lubosD
post 22.08.2013 15:47
Post #56

QUOTE(turettim @ 27.05.2013 08:41) *
Hi,

since th eKES 8 CF1 :

I am new KAS user and I am urgently missing this option.

+Quote Post
MarkK
post 9.09.2013 22:33
Post #57

Fix the issues!

'Not scanned for a long time' error
'Protection is off' error
'There are unprocessed items' error
Installing KSC10 on a domain controller error
Pause Protection instead of having to turn off protection

I get tired of uninstall / reinstall to fix errors that end up just coming back a few days later.

+Quote Post
hvera
post 24.09.2013 18:02
Post #58

QUOTE(dferrantelli @ 5.08.2013 19:26) *
I definitely want this. We have many devs that need to disable protection sometimes for their projects, and this is really causing a problem.

Same problem, we need devs pausing KES 10 protection option ASAP.

+Quote Post
AgentStereo
post 24.09.2013 20:40
Post #59

QUOTE(michael~ @ 21.05.2013 12:39) *
I would like the same options to schedule all types of tasks (daily, weekly, every Nth..). In particular, the Start/Stop task type does not have these options, so I'm forced to add the start/stop tasks to another task's completion.

Thanks.

This is a big one. I have 180 endpoints and have no way to schedule when the tasks on the client machine run. Right now, all the clients use the default schedule which is awful (full scan every 3 days... users can't work under these conditions). Ideally, updates should be performed outside business hours so the slowness of the update doesn't impact productivity. Same for the full scan... the default setting should be once per month and only scan for new and changed files. You can create a group task in KSC, but this group task is in addition to the local scheduled tasks. So it essence, users complain because they have multiple tasks performing the same task. Basically what needs to happen is if KES is working under a policy, then all scheduled tasks should be controlled by the policy that is configured in KSC. Administrators should have full control over when endpoints update, when a full scan is performed, when the critical areas area scanned.

+Quote Post
AgentStereo
post 25.09.2013 02:58
Post #60

I have about 30 groups setup and it would be nice to use the search box in the upper right hand corner of KSC10 to search for any computer using any search term and have the results be populated with the same speed and feel as Windows search. Sometimes clients get lost in the groups or you want to find one by computer name quickly. Using the existing search tool is too cumbersome. When managing hundreds of clients, search is an admin's best friend.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.06.2017 14:26