IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS, SEcure Connection and Separate VPN Service
Minburn
post 18.03.2017 09:28
Post #1

Group: Members

This Secure Connection feature suddenly appeared on my Win 7 workstation. Having a separate VPN service I've relied upon for a few years that works very well, I first looked hot to disable SEcure Connection but became so annoyed that it would be thrust in with an update that I ended up removing the offending program/feature.

Now, whether fluke or not, having issues with connecting with that existing VPN. Read a few pointed posts about issues with a recent update and VPN service. Does this extend to all of KIS and if so, is a solution coming?

Rather pointed but haven't got my head around this as I don't really police my software very much so am a bit in the dark with this. My VPN service indicated that 'yes', they have received complaints of their service not working well of late and common to all of those complaints was Kaspersky products.

Appreciate any/all info you folks may have. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Indio
post 18.03.2017 10:06
Post #2

Advanced Member IV

QUOTE(Minburn @ 17.03.2017 22:28) *
This Secure Connection feature suddenly appeared on my Win 7 workstation. Having a separate VPN service I've relied upon for a few years that works very well, I first looked hot to disable SEcure Connection but became so annoyed that it would be thrust in with an update that I ended up removing the offending program/feature.

Now, whether fluke or not, having issues with connecting with that existing VPN. Read a few pointed posts about issues with a recent update and VPN service. Does this extend to all of KIS and if so, is a solution coming?

Rather pointed but haven't got my head around this as I don't really police my software very much so am a bit in the dark with this. My VPN service indicated that 'yes', they have received complaints of their service not working well of late and common to all of those complaints was Kaspersky products.

Appreciate any/all info you folks may have. Thanks.

cool.gif From my understanding: If you've a separate VPN to search
the Internet is better to Keep the KSC=Kaspersky Secure
Connection off to avoid conflicts, with your default VPN

If continues having issues, with your VPN consider
uninstalled and keep KSC-Turned On after all
it does the same job..PS report results

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 20.03.2017 17:13
Post #3

Professional

Group: Moderators

And what VPN software is that? Which version of Kaspersky do you have (mouse over the K)?

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
Minburn
post 21.03.2017 02:13
Post #4

There 'is' some kind of problem that Kaspersky introduced of late. I'm having the same issues with my VPN service (and posted a day or so ago about it). My VPN service has indicated they are trying to deal with an increase in user problems centered about it 'and' that they had been in contact with Kaspersky. But today . . . . same goddamn problems.

+Quote Post
Minburn
post 21.03.2017 02:14
Post #5

17.0.0.611 (d)

My VPN service . . . . . not important as it appears the problem 'has' been identified by all parties.

+Quote Post
Minburn
post 21.03.2017 02:17
Post #6

QUOTE(Indio @ 18.03.2017 00:06) *
cool.gif From my understanding: If you've a separate VPN to search
the Internet is better to Keep the KSC=Kaspersky Secure
Connection off to avoid conflicts, with your default VPN

If continues having issues, with your VPN consider
uninstalled and keep KSC-Turned On after all
it does the same job..PS report results

Uninstall VPN software?? There is no 'install' but rather using it within my router settings . . .

It does the same job? Well, given the problem with K's VPN off of the get go, no thanks. After a decade or more of using their software, I'd simply dump Kaspersky and use software that doesn't have issues with a separate VPN service. But I 'will' wait and see what either Kaspersky or my VPN comes up with; but not waiting forever and if it seems K's solution isn't going to come around, again . . . dump Kaspersky.

That was an annoying bit of **** to suddenly see some intrusive VPN feature enabled by default during a Kaspersky product update.

+Quote Post
Minburn
post 21.03.2017 02:24
Post #7

Say . . . this isnt something I would normally consider, but is it possible to install an earlier version of KIS that doesn't present the problem but that will offer secure internet security by just updating databases and not the program??

+Quote Post
Cyberian75
post 21.03.2017 03:18
Post #8

Advanced Member I

Thanks for letting us know.

--------------------
Michael

Windows 10 Pro x64, 3.33GHz i7-980X, 24GB SDRAM, 2TB RAID 1, ATI Raedon 5570, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium.

+Quote Post
Minburn
post 21.03.2017 05:02
Post #9

QUOTE(Minburn @ 20.03.2017 16:24) *
Say . . . this isnt something I would normally consider, but is it possible to install an earlier version of KIS that doesn't present the problem but that will offer secure internet security by just updating databases and not the program??

. . . . and as of a few moments ago, can confirm that removal of 2017 KIS and install of 2016 KIS (Ver 16.01.445 (g)) the issue with my pre-existing 3rd party VPN service is 'gone'.

So I'll keep tabs on things here and with my VPN to see if there is a going forward solution as I certainly don't want to stagnate at Ver 2016 despite having an ability to simply update the dbase and be reasonably safe.

+Quote Post
dh27564
post 21.03.2017 15:41
Post #10

Posting guru

QUOTE(Minburn @ 20.03.2017 21:02) *
. . . . removal of 2017 KIS and install of 2016 KIS (Ver 16.01.445 (g)) the issue with my pre-existing 3rd party VPN service is 'gone'.

Make sure the "auto-upgrade" feature in the 2016 version is not selected or you may find the 2017 version is re-installed. Settings > Additional > Update

--------------------
Windows 10 Build 14393 x 64
KIS17.0.0.611 [d]
Malwarebytes 3.0.6 (Premium)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.03.2017 19:37