IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Email Attachments Deleted Without My Permission, VB/VBA code modules .bas extensions
Kevin Jones
post 8.03.2017 22:30
Post #1

Group: Members

I send and receive email attachments that Antivirus things are generic trojans. They are VB/VBA code modules with extensions like ".bas". How can I get Antivirus to leave these attachments alone while not disabling email protection altogether?

Kevin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mefodys
post 14.03.2017 10:07
Post #2

Technical Support Engineer

Group: KL Russia

QUOTE(Kevin Jones @ 8.03.2017 23:30) *
I send and receive email attachments that Antivirus things are generic trojans. They are VB/VBA code modules with extensions like ".bas". How can I get Antivirus to leave these attachments alone while not disabling email protection altogether?

Kevin

Hello, Kevin!

Have you send these files to newvirus@kaspersky.com? What was the final verdict regarding these files?
You can also send these files me via Private messages in archive with password infected

If you really need to exclude some files, then you can use Exclusion settings in KSOS (Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions).

+Quote Post
Kevin Jones
post 14.03.2017 18:29
Post #3

QUOTE(Mefodys @ 14.03.2017 10:07) *
Hello, Kevin!

Have you send these files to newvirus@kaspersky.com? What was the final verdict regarding these files?
You can also send these files me via Private messages in archive with password infected

If you really need to exclude some files, then you can use Exclusion settings in KSOS (Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions).

No one has assisted me.

How do I exclude a specific kind of email attachment? For example, I don't want any attachments to be deleted that have an extension of *.bas or *.cls.

Kevin

+Quote Post
Mefodys
post 15.03.2017 13:37
Post #4

QUOTE(Kevin Jones @ 14.03.2017 19:29) *
No one has assisted me.

How do I exclude a specific kind of email attachment? For example, I don't want any attachments to be deleted that have an extension of *.bas or *.cls.

Kevin

Try the following:
Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - Manage exclusions - Add
File or folder: *.bas
Object: this field keep empty
Protection components: Mail Anti-Virus
Click Add and check the issue.

If the issue persists, then submit a request to Tech support via ksos.kaspersky.com portal and tell me number of the request (INC...).
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Kevin Jones
post 21.03.2017 02:15
Post #5

QUOTE(Mefodys @ 15.03.2017 13:37) *
Try the following:
Settings - Additional - Threats and Exclusions - Manage exclusions - Add
File or folder: *.bas
Object: this field keep empty
Protection components: Mail Anti-Virus
Click Add and check the issue.

If the issue persists, then submit a request to Tech support via ksos.kapsersky.com portal and tell me number of the request (INC...).
Thanks.

That didn't work. Kaspersky is still removing the code from workbooks and other files. I'm going to have to disable the email part of Kaspersky until this is resolved.

+Quote Post
Mefodys
post 22.03.2017 10:04
Post #6

QUOTE(Kevin Jones @ 21.03.2017 03:15) *
That didn't work. Kaspersky is still removing the code from workbooks and other files. I'm going to have to disable the email part of Kaspersky until this is resolved.

Hello!
In this case:
Please submit a request to Tech support via ksos.kaspersky.com portal and tell me number of the request (INC...).
Thanks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.03.2017 11:21