IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestions for Kaspersky Security Center 10. [In progress], For meaningful messages only. Flood and off-topic posts will be delete
Rating 4 V
michael~
post 21.05.2013 22:39
Post #21

Group: Members

I would like the same options to schedule all types of tasks (daily, weekly, every Nth..). In particular, the Start/Stop task type does not have these options, so I'm forced to add the start/stop tasks to another task's completion.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacek
post 23.05.2013 10:00
Post #22

Advanced Member II

Group: Public Testers

I would prefer to split some functions in password protection settings:
- stop scan and update tasks (there was only scan tasks) - both: local and group tasks
- disable protection components

For me these are different kind of protection. I would allow user to stop local and group tasks (without password), and disallow disabling protection components.

And of course as BlueRay wrote:
I want to see in End-Point Protection in USB can have option to log file transfered into or out of the USB device.

+Quote Post
J. Earnhart
post 23.05.2013 17:12
Post #23

Advanced Member I

I just thought of a feature request as I was logging on to my KES server this morning.

I understand the need to restart the KES services every night, but it would be nice if the console would 'remember' which folders I had 'expanded' in the left panel, and re-expand them for me upon 'Reconnecting'. (and reset focus on the folder that I was using BEFORE the nightly services restart.)

Minor issue...only takes 5-10 seconds to re-expand....but I thought I would mention it anyway. (Probably not worth the effort or the potential problems it could cause in multi-user environments...)

cheers.

+Quote Post
OneJeremias
post 23.05.2013 18:06
Post #24

QUOTE(OneJeremias @ 9.05.2013 20:27) *
I would like to see some extra tools built into the right-click options, such as shutdown, restart, force logoff, ping, test for logged-in users, wol, etc. Many of these I have configured manually using the "Custom Tools" right-click option in conjunction with PStools, but I think it could be done better if it were built-in.

Also, it would be nice to be able to add custom fields to machine records that would allow us to classify systems any number of ways, and make those available as sort options on the Computer list. Or perhaps be able to create folders that represent categories of machines that do NOT in any way affect which AV policies those machines operate under. I want to be able to classify some computers as "Sales", some as "Remote", some as "Marketing", and be able to dynamically add and remove computers from those categories via drag-and-drop, then execute tasks as needed for each of those groups. Exporting group lists to excel would be helpful for using these lists in other programs.

I realize these capabilities extend beyond the bounds of security, but since KSC is already a place from which I do much of my computer management, I figured I'd put it out there.

In case anyone else was interested in my second request about being able to classify computers using arbitrary tags, I just discovered that this functionality is actually already there. If you right-click any computer(s) in KSC and choose "Properties", there is a "Tags" section in the resulting window where you can add and select custom tags for those computers. Once you've defined them, you can go to Reports and Notifications --> Computer Selections and create a Computer selection based on the presence of the tags. Makes it very easy to drop machines into custom groups, and from there you can run a task on that selection.

+Quote Post
fleon
post 23.05.2013 21:21
Post #25

Advanced Member II

I would like an option when i am doing a task with 10 computers for example, if it fails on 3 of them, to be able to start the task again with the remaining 3 machines.

+Quote Post
J. Earnhart
post 24.05.2013 01:32
Post #26

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(fleon @ 23.05.2013 12:21) *
I would like an option when i am doing a task with 10 computers for example, if it fails on 3 of them, to be able to start the task again with the remaining 3 machines.

I would also like this option. I was working with tasks today (updating Acrobat) and wondered why there wasn't an easier way to 'retry' the failed ones.

+Quote Post
fleon
post 24.05.2013 16:32
Post #27

Advanced Member II

The KSC application installer also needs an overhaul. I recently created a company account ticket because ksc fails to properly install a custom MSI package that was created with the WIX toolkit. The msi should create a program group in the start menu with a link, startup icon and control panel uninstall strings, but somehow the only thing that works is the folder copy/creation. When installing the msi manually by double click everything works.

We also need logging features for third party packages installation

+Quote Post
turettim
post 27.05.2013 11:41
Post #28

Hi,

since th eKES 8 CF1 :
In the context menu of the application icon located in the Microsoft Windows taskbar notification area, the Pause protection option is no longer accessible if a Kaspersky Security Center policy is applied and active

it would be nice to get this option back with a password!

+Quote Post
FMcGovern
post 6.06.2013 17:03
Post #29

Advanced Member II

- IPv6 support. This will allow companies that utilize Microsoft DirectAccess to have less problems, such as critical event errors about updating, etc.

- Please allow us to filter out critical events we do not want to see, such as "network update error" events, etc.

- Make 'Check Connection' actually check for a connection again. It should ping the machine when you click that and then update the status. Not just go off what it might know from the last time it checked. Machines are sometimes online for awhile while Kaspersky still says they're not.

- Have a way to clear the vulnerability report.

PS: The List functionality of this forum does not work. When I use List, the post shows up blank.

This post has been edited by FMcGovern: 6.06.2013 17:14

+Quote Post
TheWorkz
post 11.06.2013 20:35
Post #30

QUOTE(fleon @ 24.05.2013 04:32) *
The KSC application installer also needs an overhaul. I recently created a company account ticket because ksc fails to properly install a custom MSI package that was created with the WIX toolkit. The msi should create a program group in the start menu with a link, startup icon and control panel uninstall strings, but somehow the only thing that works is the folder copy/creation. When installing the msi manually by double click everything works.

We also need logging features for third party packages installation

I agree with having an installer overhaul. My suggestion would be to optimize it so it does not require so much space for a stand-alone installation package. Currently, we distribute the setup.exe (500MB) file locally to ensure its on the machine (for remote laptops) and then execute it with command line once it exists.

When this standalone setup executes, it immediately duplicates itself (SAME FILE) to C:\Windows\Temp and consumes 500mb more memory. Once that copy to TEMP completes, the installer extracts the contents of setup.exe (msi's) to subdirectories in the TEMP directory consuming an additional 500mb of memory.

Before the installation has even started, the installer files are now consuming 1.5GB. This slows down the installation of the product and makes it difficult for some older machines which have limited space availbility. Yes, we could execute from a network share, or extract the contents and install via the MSI's but we need the registration process to automate properly as well as the removal of our previous antivirus.

Just my two cents...

This post has been edited by TheWorkz: 11.06.2013 20:39

+Quote Post
Rob Driscoll
post 12.06.2013 14:48
Post #31

Hi, i have started testing File and folder Encryption. i have a few suggestions around this. better reporting to identify what is encrypted on a machine. maybe some sort of icon overlay on encrypted files and/or folders. maybe something on the main client kaspersky gui to identify the machine has got encryption enabled.

On full disk encryption, how about a stand alone recovery web page so i don't have to give access to the security center.

reporting MORE out the box reports (look at SCCM they have 100's!!!!!! ) if your trying to compete with the big management suites we need to be able to produce report for management, they love pretty reports. these alone could make the difference when it come to renewal time.

hope somebody picks these up

+Quote Post
Alencar -- Netwo...
post 14.06.2013 18:48
Post #32

Advanced Member I

* I noticed that the last version updates (KSC9.2 to KSC10) the SQL service must be restarted. Every time I uninstall the old KSC and install the new restoring bkp, the console does not start.

* The status (Restart required) after installation in some stations do not change, even me doing the restart. The status changes only after reinstalling aplitativo.

--------------------
NetworK Secure - CE KL Certified Systems Engineer |KL Certified Administrator |KL Certified Sales Engineer

+Quote Post
siddharthashah
post 15.06.2013 10:56
Post #33

Advanced Member I

Need VPN support in Client endpoint as will be useful to monitor remote users.

+Quote Post
StephanB
post 18.06.2013 23:49
Post #34

QUOTE(turettim @ 27.05.2013 02:41) *
Hi,

since th eKES 8 CF1 :
In the context menu of the application icon located in the Microsoft Windows taskbar notification area, the Pause protection option is no longer accessible if a Kaspersky Security Center policy is applied and active

it would be nice to get this option back with a password!

Agree with the suggestion to get the pause protection without having to stop the Policy.

I would like also to be able to upgrade to KES10 without having to reboot multiple time.

+Quote Post
carlosco612
post 25.06.2013 22:16
Post #35

Not sure if this was mentioned before. But i find extremely confusing having to lock items in the policy in order to make them overwrite whatever settings I'm trying to push. And the fact that once you lock it, the user cannot make any changes to it.

Suggestion: Make it so the settings on the policy are what the clients should be using and use the "Lock" to prevent any changes.

This way, i dont have to lock everything down to make sure users are using the policy settings.

This post has been edited by carlosco612: 25.06.2013 22:20

+Quote Post
hcastellon.csisa
post 29.06.2013 21:43
Post #36

Hello every one this forum. I´m kind of new in this Kaspersky thing. I need to deploy KSC 10 on a windows server 2008 R2 working as a domain controller. But during the installation process i get the following error:

Error while installing: System error 0x534 (No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.).

Any help with this issue. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Sergey Krugletso...
post 29.06.2013 21:54
Post #37

Technical Support Engineer

Group: KL Russia

QUOTE(hcastellon.csisa @ 29.06.2013 20:43) *
Hello every one this forum. I´m kind of new in this Kaspersky thing. I need to deploy KSC 10 on a windows server 2008 R2 working as a domain controller. But during the installation process i get the following error:

Error while installing: System error 0x534 (No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.).

Any help with this issue. Thanks.

Hello.

It is known issue. Will be fixed in CF1. As workaround you can do the follow:
1. Give thic DC PDC emulator role.
2. Install KSC
3. Return roles to default.

+Quote Post
etaftm
post 3.07.2013 01:52
Post #38

Advanced Member I

Feature request would be VPN capability within KES. I have seen other companies like CheckPoint integrate VPN client-to-site into the security application. I think this would be the last piece to the puzzle to make this a complete solution for security.

Another feature request for application control: The ability when adding .exe as trusted, low restricted, high restricted in policy is to be able to select .exe that were on a particular machine OR have the ability in the application registry to personalize .exe as trusted, etc.

This post has been edited by etaftm: 3.07.2013 01:54

+Quote Post
Pranav Bhayani
post 3.07.2013 09:39
Post #39

Group: KL India

Some suggestions, based on my low understanding of KSC, its regarding Update Agent.

Firstly, need a tree section in KSC console to highlight/manage specifically the UA machines. maybe show their state - active, offline, updated, etc.

Secondly, the current UA Options (any one):
(i) automatically select UpdateAgent within group(s), when ticked in the properties of AdminServer.
(ii) if above is not ticked, user can manually assign UpdateAgent to any machine.

in the (i), the UA is dynamically selected, for every group having 100+ machines, based on that machine's cpu/ram/no-laptop properties. Can this 100 limit be configured ? this would help in branch offices (groups) having less machines.

in the (ii), when manually assigning UA for a group, if that UA machine fails, if we can get option to assign secondary UA machine ?

This post has been edited by pcpranav: 3.07.2013 09:40

+Quote Post
CripledCyclone
post 8.07.2013 18:20
Post #40

I would like to see the ability to select computers to be by default "never disconnect from the Administration Server".

A better upgrade process from 6>8 or 8>10, uninstalling each previous version on every machine is quite tedious.

Also an easier way to allow VPN clients, such as Cisco Anyconnect VPN, etc through KES, so that end users don't have to exit Kaspersky entirely to connect.

This post has been edited by CripledCyclone: 8.07.2013 18:24

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.03.2017 15:18