dale_bentley

BSOD KES 11(all versions) on Windows 10 HP Desktops

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

Please address HP support is you require more information about the specifics of the fault.

We have request ID INC000010263687 open and this support engineer isn't trying to push us back to HP support - the Kaspersky engineer has provided us steps to help troubleshoot rather than trying to move us on. I will post here will further updates.

Edited by dale_bentley

2 minutes ago, dale_bentley said:

We have request ID INC000010263687 open and support engineer isn't trying to push us back to HP support - the Kaspersky engineer has provided us steps to help troubleshoot rather than trying to move us on.

Not sure what "pushing back to HP support" in this context means: the error stated in the opening post of this topic is known, and the culprit is the HP driver. The suggestion to address HP for a solution is a logical extension of said fact. Engineers in CompanyAccount will collect the required minimum of information depending on the issue symptoms before presenting any conclusions.

However, if there already is (for example) a technical explanation from HP hinting how KES might affect its driver's operation and consequently what can be done on KL part to resolve the issue, it can make sense to proceed with collecting the reproduction data. In this case, please proceed as previously mentioned.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

In this case, please proceed as previously mentioned.

If you read my original post you will see we already have an open case with HP Support. They have all the dumps and  image diagnostics. No mention of HP Velocity being the potential culprit so I gather they are unaware of this potentially causing any fault when in tandem with Kaspersky version 11.

I will let them know however not sure what they will do with that information.

2 minutes ago, dale_bentley said:

If you read my original post you will see we already have an open case with HP Support. They have all the dumps and  image diagnostics. No mention of HP Velocity being the potential culprit so I gather they are unaware of this potentially causing any fault when in tandem with Kaspersky version 11.

I will let them know however not sure what they will do with that information.

In the original post, it says

HP have ruled out any hardware fault with desktops and cannot find any obvious faults with drivers,

However, this cannot be accurate: "BSOD with fwpkclnt.sys" is itself an obvious fault with drivers. For this reason, I have mentioned that a more technical explanation from them could help us, however a sole mention that HP disown the error, will not.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, dale_bentley said:

What model of HP system are you running and does it have HP Velocity installed?

Yes HP Velocity was installed on all 3 HP workstations, we have removed this now. What has been your experience with that software and Kaspersky Endpoint Client?

Hi,

several customers reported us about BSOD when installing KES11 on systems hosting HP Velocity application. All of them fixed it by:
1) Removing HP Velocity
2) Removing KES11 (i would suggest to work with KAVRemover)
3) Installing KES11 once again

M

18 minutes ago, Kirill Tsapovsky said:

However, this cannot be accurate: "BSOD with fwpkclnt.sys" is itself an obvious fault with drivers. For this reason, I have mentioned that a more technical explanation from them could help us, however a sole mention that HP disown the error, will not.

Would you like the open HP support case number and you can follow it up with them -  I have provided all information they have told us.

10 minutes ago, dale_bentley said:

Would you like the open HP support case number and you can follow it up with them -  I have provided all information they have told us.

You can find the standard support KL scope terms here: https://support.kaspersky.com/support/rules#en_us.block2

Unfortunately, said information cannot be used to forward the investigation since it is contradictory. This issue needs investigating by HP, as explained earlier.

From KL perspective, there is already a workaround, which is to remove HP Velocity.

Thank you.

UPD: I can see there is already an RnD-initiated discussion with HP over this error, following the previous cases. However, the current solution stands, for reasons mentioned. Changes are to be expected in future versions of either product.

19 hours ago, BeatYa said:

Same with 11.0.1.90
Looks like it is related to the klnagent I will try installing 11.1.0.15919 with agent 10.5.1781 now .....

Hello!

Issue # 3287367 was submitted.

Thank you!

On 3/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, dale_bentley said:

We have request ID INC000010263687 open

Issue now resolved for our group of new HP EliteDesk 800 G3 and G4 desktop workstations.

Both Kaspersky and HP confirmed removing HP Velocity from workstations, plus running latest Netagent and KES11 will resolve the BSOD faults reported. We have now had 10 days with no further BSOD on any workstation. Request INC000010263687 now closed - thanks to Mohammed from Kaspersky support.

Also HP have confirmed HP Velocity will no longer be supported going forward and HP will not installed on any new hardware.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.