Earl95

BSOD on windows 10 RS1, kneps.sys

KTS 2017 BSOD Win7 & Win 8 have been crashing for the last few days, Confirmed on two separate laptops.

Every single time I can make it happen when ever you put the computers to sleep and re awake them I always get a BSOD.

The 2016 version of KTS works fine on both laptops.

Anyone else have the same problem.?

Welcome. Please contact Tech Support: https://center.kaspersky.com/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

1. Description of the issue.

2. GSI

3. Traces Please disable traces when done, or your hard drive will get full.

4. _Full_ Dump (MEMORY.DMP) Please, no mini-dumps, kernel dumps etc.

2. GSI

Hi used the get GetSystemInfo tool and sent it. Request number: INC000006609114

2. GSI

Forgot to do traces, traces report #2 sent INC000006608637

Forgot to do traces, traces report #2 sent INC000006608637

Under INC000006609114 just sent a link for drop box for memory dump.

Hey everyone long time kaspersky user a couple of days ago I've been having issues with bsod and blue screen view is always pointing to kneps.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

So i decided to do a format and install windows 10 from scratch thinking the problem was over its been a few days nothing then today i get the bsod

082616-9390-01.dmp 2016-08-26 4:17:33 PM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a 00000000`000000d0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff801`cd8f3f6c kneps.sys kneps.sys+1d2f8 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14a060 C:\Windows\Minidump82616-9390-01.dmp 8 15 14393 579,700 2016-08-26 4:18:33 PM

kneps.sys    kneps.sys+1d2f8    fffff80c`06470000    fffff80c`0649c000    0x0002c000    0x5739cc44    2016-05-16 7:33:56 AM
ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+60f6c    fffff801`cd893000    fffff801`ce0b3000    0x00820000    0x57a558b9    2016-08-05 9:25:45 PM

has anyone had this happen to them at all?

also what information do i need to provide to help get this fixed?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Edited by Setoku

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Also, please contact Tech Support: https://center.kaspersky.com/

2. GSI

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the third (3rd) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Also, please contact Tech Support: https://center.kaspersky.com/

2. GSI

Thank you for your help i sent all that to the tech support INC000006618197 Its been 3 days since they responded after they said they would check to see whats the cause can anyone provide an update?

I had another BSOD today same error code same problem is anyone else reporting kaspersky doing this to anyone else?

I had another BSOD today same error code same problem is anyone else reporting kaspersky doing this to anyone else?

yes, the same problem here. Windows 10 Pro x64 anniversary, KIS 17.0.0.611(a). Already got 2 same BSODs (31.09.16 and 01.09.16) with description "IRQL not less or equal" and address to "ntoskrnl.exe+60f6c". BlueScreenView marks red only ntoskrnl.exe. Do I need to provide something (logs, dumps or anything) to help fix this problem?

Edited by Merr

This is a known issue.

Is their a fix? downgrade to the 2016 version or try the beta B version of the 2017?

Hey everyone long time kaspersky user a couple of days ago I've been having issues with bsod and blue screen view is always pointing to kneps.sys and ntoskrnl.exe

So i decided to do a format and install windows 10 from scratch thinking the problem was over its been a few days nothing then today i get the bsod

kneps.sys    kneps.sys+1d2f8    fffff80c`06470000    fffff80c`0649c000    0x0002c000    0x5739cc44    2016-05-16 7:33:56 AM
ntoskrnl.exe    ntoskrnl.exe+60f6c    fffff801`cd893000    fffff801`ce0b3000    0x00820000    0x57a558b9    2016-08-05 9:25:45 PM

has anyone had this happen to them at all?

also what information do i need to provide to help get this fixed?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Been crashing on my windows 8 and windows 7 also, sent them a dump file to look into it. Only Blue screens with the new 2017 version, older versions like 2016 work fine.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=356280

havent been able to use this for a few days now due to bsod and no patches being sent to me with terrible service because i cant upload a bloody 1gb file when my upload speeds is 20kb. i want extra days added to our subscription. i think we should the products not working and my subscripttion goes down with out using the app. the help here hasnt helped me at all.

this is ridiculous wheres our extra days on our subscription. i cant upload a 1gb file because my upload speed is 20kbs. the help hasnt been helpful for me. i want 7 days added to my subscription for jerking me around.

Had you updated your network drivers ?

Realtek drivers?

Edited by Merr

Had you updated your network drivers ?

I had also got a bsod on another laptop but after drivers update . problem cease to persist.

Yep all network drivers up to date on both computers. I have 2 HP laptops one windows 7 the other windows 8 pro, try putting your computer to sleep and hibernate then wake it up , that's how I get the blue screens every time.

Yep all network drivers up to date on both computers. I have 2 HP laptops one windows 7 the other windows 8 pro, try putting your computer to sleep and hibernate then wake it up , that's how I get the blue screens every time.

how you updated your drivers , using thirs party or windows management or hp support assistant ?

On my Surface pro 4, it will bluescreen with knep.sys. IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL TO

Those of you who would like try a work around that is working for me:

System Settings/Power Network Connection-keep on battery power checked

If I allow the machine to go into hibernation, (which I would Like) it will blue screen every single time.

I also set my advance power management (same screen Additional power settings/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/Sleep/Hibernate after/on battery) to 720 minutes so that it never hibernates.

Hopefully patch B will be coming soon as I really like KAS over the alternative options.

On my Surface pro 4, it will bluescreen with knep.sys. IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL TO

Those of you who would like try a work around that is working for me:

System Settings/Power Network Connection-keep on battery power checked

If I allow the machine to go into hibernation, (which I would Like) it will blue screen every single time.

I also set my advance power management (same screen Additional power settings/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/Sleep/Hibernate after/on battery) to 720 minutes so that it never hibernates.

Hopefully patch B will be coming soon as I really like KAS over the alternative options.

Im running Asus ROG G751JY

All my drivers are up to date

I use this for lots of encoding and uploading of video and when i get a BSOD all that time is lost i've been dealing with this crap for 2 weeks now i got fed up with it so

Ive contacted support sent them the files they asked for and they tell me to wait for patch B they said it would be out in a few days that was 1 week ago! looks like patch b might be delayed cuz of this

I got my video encoded to 99% after 5 hours and BSOD! :dash1: at this point i just removed kaspersky its been 2 days and so far no BSOD but now im also screwed for viruses no protection other then windows defender and thats a pile of crap

i want 1 extra week added onto my account i haven't been able to do anything cuz of this ! :angry:

So things are not going well

Edited by Setoku

its been like a week of no protection or the browser plugin protection for web surfing. when is the patch coming out kaspersky devs??? every 1 left unprotected for a week isnt good. and no useful information when the fix is coming.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.