Hi. I have Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305 and it's coming up as vulnerability. I did as the support said and updated the flash player, but as you can see its still there. Help please??

I have KTS 2015 15.0.2.361 BTW

post-115361-1425081418_thumb.jpg

post-115361-1425081429_thumb.jpg

I am running KTS 15.0.2.361

The Adobe vulnerability today makes no sense to me at all. See screenshot.

I have all the latest Adobe add-ins. (In fact, I uninstalled them all and reinstalled them all, followed by a system

reboot, this morning.)

Is it Adobe Reader or Shockwave???

hi!

try updating Shockwave Player > http://www.adobe.com/#

If you read what I said previously, I doubt you would have advised that I do it again.

If you need proof, here is a screenshot of all my installed Adobe programs.

I think you are missing the point: The path for the vulnerability leads to my Adobe Reader. But the vulnerability title is Adobe Shockwave Flash.

If you read what I said previously, I doubt you would have advised that I do it again.

If you need proof, here is a screenshot of all my installed Adobe programs.

I think you are missing the point: The path for the vulnerability leads to my Adobe Reader. But the vulnerability title is Adobe Shockwave Flash.

then,

follow exactly the path indicated

deletes the highlighted item

post-274618-1425137761_thumb.jpg

restarts and controls ;)

then,

follow exactly the path indicated

deletes the highlighted item

post-274618-1425137761_thumb.jpg

restarts and controls ;)

May I have a more thorough explanation please. Could I please get a second opinion? From someone else....

May I have a more thorough explanation please. Could I please get a second opinion? From someone else....

I deleted it the file as well and the vulnerability is gone, but will deleting that file affect adobe?

I deleted it the file as well and the vulnerability is gone, but will deleting that file affect adobe?

In my opinion, tinkering with software is never a good idea. I need to open my PDF documents. I don't want my Reader to crash just because Bruno (who seems unable to understand my original message) says to do it.

If this is a real vulnerability, Adobe should be addressing it with an update to Adobe Reader in the near future. It looks like a false positive to me. But the moderators on this site seem to be ignoring us. Time will tell...

I don't want my Reader to crash just because Bruno (who seems unable to understand my original message) says to do it.

you have trouble using adobe reader?

Bruno, you told us to delete a dll file in Adobe Reader. I do not have problems with my Reader, but if I took your advice, I fear I might. Are you having fun?

Bruno, you told us to delete a dll file in Adobe Reader. I do not have problems with my Reader, but if I took your advice, I fear I might. Are you having fun?

hi,

do not worry ;)

¿Has probado a borrar el famoso NPSWF32.dll y ver si aún te funciona el Adobe Reader? :D

Are you a software engineer at Adobe, Bruno, or just a self-appointed forum troll? Please go bother somebody else.

Could somebody with some real credentials at Kaspersky please confirm or deny this vulnerability.

I think it's a bug in vulnerabilities database of KIS2015, it's mixing up/confusing Adobe Flash Player/ShockWave with Adobe Reader, which are of course different applications...

Deleting NPSWF32.dll is not the solution of course, You can try to move it/back up to a different folder, and check... maybe right vertical tool panel in Adobe Reader will not work, but main functionality will remain.

Deleting NPSWF32.dll is not the solution of course, You can try to move it/back up to a different folder, and check... maybe right vertical tool panel in Adobe Reader will not work, but main functionality will remain.

just make installation and repair everything returns to normal!

If it was me and I had checked the Adobe website and confirmed that I have the latest versions of all their software, I'd bet it is a bug in the vulnerability scan feature. Pretty sure this has come up in the forum before.

Thank you! You confirmed my suspicions. <_<

just make installation and repair everything returns to normal!

You can stop now. You are wrong and potentially dangerous.

Thank you.

1. This topic thread has been moderated. Four posts are toast.

2. This is an international forum. :)

3. People want to help, and they want to help in multiple language sections of the forum.

4a. Instead of arguing in the forum topic threads, please private message a moderator, if there is any perceived difficulty. If there is any objectionable content, use the Report button.

4b. Please limit yourselves to these two tactics, instead of arguing on the forum.

5a. I read several different language sections of this forum daily. But, I read only; I do not post in another language, if the other language is not a language that I can function in. If the users of that language are not going to understand my replies, then I do not post in a foreign language.

There are plenty of people in the various language sections that can help, without a language barrier being a variable.

5b. Please know that there are plenty of people who are qualified and authorized to offer help in a non-primary language. Please be respectful of their good-faith intentions. You can always silently decline the advice, and/or see 4a. If someone does post content is confusing or erroneous, please follow the instructions in 4a.

---------

Sorry about my C++. English is my native language.

1. This topic thread has been moderated. Three posts are toast.

2. This is an international forum. :)

3. People want to help, and they want to help in multiple language sections of the forum.o

4a. Instead of arguing in the forum topic threads, please private message a moderator, if there is any perceived difficulty. If there is any objectionable content, use the Report button.

4b. Please limit yourselves to these two tactics, instead of arguing on the forum.

5a. I read several different language sections of this forum daily. But, I read only; I do not post in another language, if the other language is not a language that I can function in. If the users of that language are not going to understand my replies, then I do not post in a foreign language.

There are plenty of people in the various language sections that can help, without a language barrier being a variable.

5b. Please know that there are plenty of people who are qualified and authorized to offer help in a non-primary language. Please be respectful of their good-faith intentions. You can always silently decline the advice, and/or see 4a. If someone does post content is confusing or erroneous, please follow the instructions in 4a.

Thank you. I am not sure what a non-primary language is. English? Bruno was answering in English. I speak only English. I don't think this only boiled down to a language barrier, although I could sense English is not his first language. It concerns me that people with no business offering advice to newbies are allowed to do so. Some people are far too trusting.

The first member in this thread took his bad advice. This bothered me. Had this been a more serious issue, he could have done major damage to her computer.

I will take your advice is future. I am new to the rules of your forum. My apologies. I should have reported this much earlier.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.