Sign in to follow this  
steff

unrequested Tasks ...

On our AdminServer, there is a group-task, which was created wome weeks ago and can't be deleted - the option "Delete" is invisible, if I select this task - only "Cut" is shown and after the Paste, a message is shown "Can't delete the task" or something similar. (This problem is also on some other tasks - and also in other groups)

More annoying is the fact, that the task is executed every week on all our computers in the group - I allready disabled the task, set the schedule to "every 999 weeks" - no effort - every day at 11am the task is executed.

:(

Hello,

And which version are you referring to?

Greetings

Kaspersky Administration Kit 5.0.1151

Kaspersky Network Agent 5.0.1151

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows-File Servers 5.0.74

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.0 for Windows Workstations 5.0.528

The fileserver are Win2003-systems, the workstations xp-sp2.

Are any other informations helpful?!?

Have you tried it after making your local Admin Account part of the Group 'KLAdmins' ?

Have you tried it after making your local Admin Account part of the Group 'KLAdmins' ?

Which local account? On all Workstations?

On the fileserver, I don't think, that there are local admins/user-account?

Steff-

What task is actually running? I never saw that in your post. I have seen recently similar behavior with an auto-install task for new computers added to a group, when the group's properties are configured to auto-install software to computers newly added to the group. I could not get the auto-install task deleted, however when I disabled the group setting to auto-install when a new member was added the task at least did not run. This may be way off base - if so all apologies.

Mike

Hello,

Policies <-- might be the spot to check for the tasks which is doing the scanning.

Ok - here we go:

Policies: On the level, on which the obsolete/undeleteable tasks are, there is no policy assigned. On a sublevel, there is one policy with unchecked options "Predefined on-demand scan tasks (scheduled)" and "Predefined update tasks (scheduled)".

After examining this more details, I found, that all tasks under "Groups" can't be deleted nor copied - only "Cut" is visible.

In the global tasks most of them has all three options "cut", "copy" and "delete" - despite of a backup-task (only cut&delete), a download updates task (cut&delete) and one of several anti-virus-database-update-task has only "cut" (this one was created with a not-working cut of the "Groups"-task.

Hope, this don't confuse you to much ;)

Steff-

What task is actually running? I never saw that in your post. I have seen recently similar behavior with an auto-install task for new computers added to a group, when the group's properties are configured to auto-install software to computers newly added to the group. I could not get the auto-install task deleted, however when I disabled the group setting to auto-install when a new member was added the task at least did not run. This may be way off base - if so all apologies.

Mike

Have a look at my previous posting.

The tasks under "Groups" are: "Product deployment task", "Anti-virus database and application modules update" and "Update of the anti-virus database and application modules".

The only auto-install-task is a deploy-task, which ist NOT that one in the "Groups".

So, I don't think, that this might be the reason for hide the "delete"-option.

Any other idea?!?

BTW: 10 days to v6 ;)

Sorry I don't quite understand your post - did you check the properties of the Groups folder or not?

Have a look at my previous posting.

The tasks under "Groups" are: "Product deployment task", "Anti-virus database and application modules update" and "Update of the anti-virus database and application modules".

The only auto-install-task is a deploy-task, which ist NOT that one in the "Groups".

So, I don't think, that this might be the reason for hide the "delete"-option.

Any other idea?!?

BTW: 10 days to v6  ;)

Sorry I don't quite understand your post - did you check the properties of the Groups folder or not?

On the top-folder "Groups" I only checked "Deploy Antivirus Workstation 5.0.528" - nothing else.

On the group folders a level below "Groups" nothing is checked - and in this folders are all of my computers.

Is this, what you asking for?

Hello!

1. To delete your task "Anti-virus database and application modules update" you should deselect the option "Deploy anti-virus database automatically on all clients" in the properties of the "Updates" node.

2. Please, deselect the automatic install options for all the packages in the group where you see your unremovable "Product deployment task". If this doesn't help, please rename the task to have some unique name and archive your "Dat" folder in the AdminKit server folder and send the archive to me as a personal message. Don't forget to tell me the task's name.

Best regards,

Andrew Lashchenkov

senior developer

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.