• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.

imoit   

Is there resolution to the BBC Iplayer issue with Kaspersky 7.0.0.123? I mean other than uninstalling it or dropping the firewall level until its almost off? I've search the forums of several sites and I can't seem to find an answer to this question. I don't mean the BBC downloader, but instead just the flash player at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (it will only work for those with UK IP addresses). I don't have any other problems with any other media sites.

I can make Iplayer function, though I have to drop the firewall protection to loss - ie, let all programs do whatever they want with the exception of those on the block list, which is about as tidy as a scared herd of elephants in a pottery shop. Does anyone have a solution to this problem which doesn't leave me as wide open to attack as not having a firewall installed?

I am sick of not being able to watch TV online! Its a very hard application to recommend to ANY uk resident at the moment as the Iplayer is a very popular application here. Is there any resolution to this issue?

Thanks

Craig.

imoit   
Welcome. The most recent thread on this issue appears to indicate that this is resolved by clean upgrading to current version; please clean upgrade, as you are using a very old build of the previous version. Instructions, download link and tips, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

No, that doesn't solve the problem for my version (7.0.0.123) of the software unfortunately. An update from Kaspersky broken the BBC Iplayer and you'd normally expect a software vendor to fix it. Isn't that normal? Is upgrading to version 8 (2009), free since I have several months of my current license left?

richbuff   

Absolutely free. Please click the link and follow the instructions to do a clean upgrade. Activate with your current Activation Code.

Same issue here........Kasperskey internet security 2009 version 8.0.0.506......trial version

I saw the reviews for kasperskey, so I throught I'll try it

I can't believe iplayer (ukonly) does not work out of the box!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

A work around I found is - disable security - start iplayer - enable security

How do I get to work normally (white list)???

Many thanks for your time

Rick

Oldjim   

Just checked and it works without problem on build 454 and 506

Can you check if Kontiki is in trusted

Edited by Oldjim

imoit   
Just checked and it works without problem on build 454 and 506

Can you check if Kontiki is in trusted

Kontiki is not installed for the web player. That is only installed when you install the P2P software for downloading programmes as opposed to streaming them. Thus currently its impossible to solve this problem without upgrading to 2009, which I cannot do.

The thing that annoys me is that the iplayer has been working up to the point that Kaspersky did a "upgrade" and then it stopped working. Then they say upgrade again. Its free, but its going to be a complete nightmare to do. Cheers!

Edited by imoit

imoit   
Same issue here........Kasperskey internet security 2009 version 8.0.0.506......trial version

I saw the reviews for kasperskey, so I throught I'll try it

I can't believe iplayer (ukonly) does not work out of the box!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

A work around I found is - disable security - start iplayer - enable security

How do I get to work normally (white list)???

Many thanks for your time

Rick

I tried this, but unfortunately Kaspersky proceeds to hang for 5 minutes whilst pausing protection and then the browser crashes when restarting protection. It seems to me that this issue hasn't been fixed at all, so telling anyone to upgrade is a complete waste of time. Kaspersky is affectively not UK friendly as it doesn't work with the most popular service in the UK. Its a very poor show indeed.

Edited by imoit

I tried this, but unfortunately Kaspersky proceeds to hang for 5 minutes whilst pausing protection and then the browser crashes when restarting protection. It seems to me that this issue hasn't been fixed at all, so telling anyone to upgrade is a complete waste of time. Kaspersky is affectively not UK friendly as it doesn't work with the most popular service in the UK. Its a very poor show indeed.
Kaspersky works fine for the BBC I player for me, no problem whatsoever even using high quality and i'm using the latest build 506, there used to be issues but that seem s to have been sorted for some months now, maybe you should use the Kaspersky uninstaller tool and reinstall because honestly I have zero issues with it, making a GSI report (http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915) may help as well in case your network drivers need updating, oh and I live in the UK. :) Edited by Killhippie

Just updated to Kasperskey internet security 2009 version 8.0.0.506............... BBC iplayer will play BBCRadio 5, but no other BBC radio station. All worked fine untill around November 23 or so. :dash1:

Just updated to Kasperskey internet security 2009 version 8.0.0.506............... BBC iplayer will play BBCRadio 5, but no other BBC radio station. All worked fine untill around November 23 or so. :dash1:

I had the same problem ahving just instaled the trial versio - thinking of witching from Norton to KIS.

Radio 4 wouldn't work. Then switched to radio 5 then back to Radio 4 - now I'm listening to the archers. I've also got everthing else enabled including Proactive defense.

I've stopped the radio console and restarted and it now seems to work comsistently

CJ2   

They all work flawlessly for me using I.E7 and KIS 2009 build 506 , so not sure whats up, did you post a GSI ? :)

Edited by CJ2

They all work flawlessly for me using I.E7 and KIS 2009 build 506 , so not sure whats up, did you post a GSI ? :)

All work flawlessly here as well as suggested post a GSI log because it may be something else, I have no issue with Kaspersky and any of the BBCi content

bradavon   

V2009 is significantly better, people really shouldn't still be running v7 anyway. If it still doesn't work in V2009 then that's different. Which btw www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer works fine for me.

Any particular programmes people should be testing with?

An update from Kaspersky broken the BBC Iplayer and you'd normally expect a software vendor to fix it. Isn't that normal? Is upgrading to version 8 (2009), free since I have several months of my current license left?

They did. It's called Version 2009.

V2009 is significantly better, people really shouldn't still be running v7 anyway. If it still doesn't work in V2009 then that's different. Which btw www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer works fine for me.

Any particular programmes people should be testing with?

They did. It's called Version 2009.

Well, you all panicked (OK, slight exaggeration) me into go checking my PCs which were recently upped to 2009 from 7. BBC iPlayer works just fine. XP Home and XP Pro and I've tweaked hee haw (apart from the Word bug in a separate thread)...

Cheers,

Rowantree

I can listen to BBC Radio if I pause kaspersky and restart kaspersky after starting the bbc radio console. By the way im using Kaspersky 2009 V 506 and Windows Vista. Radio 5 works ok all the time ???

Help any one....

Paul...

Ceekay   
I can listen to BBC Radio if I pause kaspersky and restart kaspersky after starting the bbc radio console. By the way im using Kaspersky 2009 V 506 and Windows Vista. Radio 5 works ok all the time ???

Help any one....

Paul...

I am also having exactly the same problem. I've upgraded to 2009. I don't want to keep pausing. Any solutions please Kaspersky? This only happens on my Vista machine, my XP is fine.

Same problem here. KIS 2009 (version 8.0.0.357).

The iPlayer flash player starts up then hangs, the only way to get it going again is to pause protection then restart it. iPlayer has worked fine for me until now.

:angry:

sohan   

I just upgraded to 8.0.0.506 and Kaspersky still blocks BBC Iplayer for some reason. This is becoming a real real pain and it needs to be sorted out asap. I'm getting really annoyed with Kaspersky.

Someone please find out what the problem is and a fix for it.

Thanks

I'm still getting this problem.

I start the iPlayer Radio console to play Radio 4 and nothing happens. It says connecting to media then reverts to Ready. By Connectiong to Radio 5 - which always works, then pausing protection, then reconnecting to Radio 4 I can get Radio 4.

I'm running XP Pro SP3 - GSI report here

The Network driver that needs updatng is for a network card that I'm not using - and I'm not planning on upgrading this driver.

I'm running the latest version of Kaspersky (though it is a trial - and will remain so if this isn't fixed)

I'm running the latest firefox, and Flash player. I've also disabled any unused extensions within Firefox that may interfere

Note that the iPlayer playing streamed content is fine. It's the Live Radio4 stream that is proving problematic. I've also tried this with IE6 - which works.

effone   
I just upgraded to 8.0.0.506 and Kaspersky still blocks BBC Iplayer for some reason. This is becoming a real real pain and it needs to be sorted out asap. I'm getting really annoyed with Kaspersky.

Someone please find out what the problem is and a fix for it.

Thanks

Same prob here , running latest version on xp . only way i can use iplayer is to switch protection off run iplayer then turn protection back on once iplayer has loaded.

a real pain in the a**e !

Same prob here , running latest version on xp . only way i can use iplayer is to switch protection off run iplayer then turn protection back on once iplayer has loaded.

a real pain in the a**e !

I and many others have no issue with iplayer at all with version 506, have you changed the web av settings? Have you tried at a different time of day? I ask as some ISP's throttle traffic and at peak times your throughput may be reduced enough to cause this issue, I us a small less known ISP who offer no contention within there network and do not shape, throttle, or block ports ,and i can listen to the radio and watch tv on the iplayer in high def and I'm using wifi, so check your version of Flash player is up to date and do a BT speedtest if you are on an ipstream product at the time you watch the iplayer, that will show you if its network throttling as opposed to Kaspersky, which as said works fine here. failing that produce a GSI report http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915 and upload it so others more adept can take a look and see if there is a problem

Edited by Killhippie