intogames20

Xbox Live - Opening port 3074

7 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem connecting to xbox live since installing KIS 2009. My 360 says I need to open port 3074 but I can fingure out how to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

hello

go in settings>system security>firewall>settings>networks and set the network to local or trusted

I'm having a problem connecting to xbox live since installing KIS 2009. My 360 says I need to open port 3074 but I can fingure out how to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 but cannot find where to get rid of port 3074? When I click on settings on the top right hand corner there is no "system security". Under the "General Protection Settings" I have:

General Settings

File Anti-Virus

Mail Anti-Virus

Web Anti-Virus

IM Anti-Virus

System Watcher

Proactive Defense

Other than the "General Protection Settings" I have:

General Scan Settings

Application Update Settings

Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules

I very much appreciate your immediate help since I cannot get back onto Xbox live until this is resolved.

Welcome. The instructions that are located in post #2 of this topic thread do not apply in this case, because you are using Kaspersky Anti-Virus, which has no firewall, hence no firewall settings.

Please see the eighth Important topic and post additional details about your setup.

Hmmm. Im just curious. Kaspersky is install in a PC or laptop. If we are using xbox, we plug it directly to an ethernet port, thus bypassing kaspersky. Anyways, if you still need port 3074, you can also call your ISP and have this one checked. Make sure it's open.