Sign in to follow this  
electro

Realtime protection failure...

Turned on my computer when I got to work and now I get:

Task execution failure: macros execution monitoring

Nothing more to explain why... any suggestion how to track down why it doesnt work?

Hi electro,

can you please tell us which Version of Kaspersky do you use, which OS and SP etc...

Hi electro,

can you please tell us which Version of Kaspersky do you use, which OS and SP etc...

kaspersky antivirus5.0.205 for workstations (antivirus db 2006-02-01)

tried to reboot but it didnt help

kaspersky antivirus5.0.205 for workstations (antivirus db 2006-02-01)

tried to reboot but it didnt help

Still the same problem... I will try to reinstall it.. How do I do with the central managed license?

Still the same problem... I will try to reinstall it.. How do I do with the central managed license?

Tried it.. upgraded it to latest version still the same problem.

Can I debug it ?

Tried it.. upgraded it to latest version still the same problem.

Can I debug it ?

I can't help you with the debug but you're not alone with this problem. I'm sys admin for over 200 XP workstations, all with latest Kaspersky version (5.0.228) and agent (5.0.1104). At seemingly random intervals Kaspersky application will become inactive. The adminkit logs show that this problem will hit multiple machines at exactly the same time. It's so regular that I've even created a task to restart the application on mass.

I've spoken to tech support but they are at a loss to explain. I have been a loyal Kaspersky user for over 7 years and can say with confidence that this is a problem that is new to version 5!

Maybe the best anti virus software is going the way of so many others and has become a victim of its own success. I hope not!

Mike

I've also faced this problem. What i did is i reinstall back kaspersky n everything seems well. But still dunno what the problem is.

lolipok

Hi Guys!

Was there a pre-installed AV-product from another vendor on those machines ?

Please use the attached tool and post the logfile here: GetSystemInfo.zip

Also it would be good to have a look at the Eventlog of the machine - here you should post a screenshot (or the eventlog as .EVT file) from Application & System.

Hopefully i get some more infos out of this to help you ;)

Hi defekt.

This error occured when installing kaspersky v5 on top of v4.5?

lolipok

Hi lolipok,

so the best thing is to deinstall v4.5 or use Microsofts MSCUU2 (just google for it!) to deinstall the v4.5, also use the following tool for removal of registry-keys: Kasp_Reg_Remove.zip

After reboot the installation should work (use MSInstaller 3.1) and to be more safe just install the product with verbose logging e.g. Setup.exe /verbose"C:\IS.log" and post the logfile if you have problems on installation.

All of my workstation are new installs of OS. No previous version of any sort of AV on any of them. Network agent and Kaspersky 225/228 pushed from adminkit. Like I said, this is new to version 5 (maybe and undocumented feature of software :) ). This is too random to be explained away as a conflict between versions.

Mike

We have same problem.

We find one way can work for us, but it's not good way.

Hope this can help.

In the case(just sharing experiesne)

(1)Uninstall KAV for workstation

(2)delete all file under c:\program files\common files\kaspersky labs\settings\ and KAV folder

(3)After that, reinstall KAV.

I think the best way to collect all information and report to kaspersky labs.

The information includes :

(1) systeminfo

(2) trace log

(3)KAV folder task files

(4) in some case also need the full memory dump.

Also, hope this problem can be solve in the neraly futuer. :-)

We have same problem.

We find one way can work for us, but it's not good way.

Hope this can help.

In the case(just sharing experiesne)

(1)Uninstall KAV for workstation

(2)delete all file under c:\program files\common files\kaspersky labs\settings\ and KAV folder

(3)After that, reinstall KAV.

I think the best way to collect all information and report to kaspersky labs.

The information includes :

(1) systeminfo

(2) trace log

(3)KAV folder task files

(4) in some case also need the full memory dump.

Also, hope this problem can be solve in the neraly futuer.  :-)

I have collected information and passed to Kaspersky - on going problem. The very fact that this thread exists and that we all have similar experiences tells me that they are well aware of the problem and that it's not restricted to just a few users.

A reseller asked me recently what I thought of Kaspersky as a whole. I said that the AV was rock solid and probably as good as it gets but that the adminkit was not so hot. Apparently his own experience is no better than mine and he too is not impressed!

I, like you, hope that they fix it soon but must confess that I am not overly optimistic. I have been using the administration kit for many years now and can safely say that it has NEVER quite performed as expected. It looks better now than it did when I first used it in an NT4 network but it's still very slow and buggy.

I've quite the same issue

I had to change a couple of old computers with new ones.

After first boot and configuration of those PC (running Win XP Pro SP2) i tried to install KAV 4.5...

When i reboot after installation i saw the KAV icon blinking in the task bar, I opened it and the Antivirus Monitor was stopped.

I tried to start it again then i received an error message like "unable to start anitvirus Monitor".

I tried to open the services window from Adminsitration Tools in my Control Panel and It closed itself with an error

Then i uninstalled KAV and the Services windows stops making that strange error. But when i installed KAV again everything becomed as i wrote before...

What can I do?

Are 3 years that i use KAV in my Company and i never had a issue, could you help me pls?

All others Computer (80) in my Company have Win XP Pro with KAV 4.5 recently updated to SP2 and they work without any problem, this issue appeared only on new Computers not on the old ones updated to Win XP Pro SP2.

I installed vers. 5.0.225 issue seems resolved.

Well. I have the same issue.

After week you will se that suddenly it has real time protection failure again.

upgrading to 5.0.522 even doesn't resolv problem.

i have this issue on win2000 and win98.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.