Jump to content
thewild

Trusted Application not working as expected

Recommended Posts

Hi all !

 

We are using KAV for Workstations version 6.0.3.837, with and adminstration kit (version 6.0.1591).

 

We are manly using autocad and MSaccess here, and we noticed that kaspersky used a lot of CPU when these applications where working hard on the noetwork.

I added to trusted apps in the strategy : 'msaccess.exe' and 'acad.exe', and told KAV not to analyse any activity for those apps.

 

I think it works in most cases, but we have some VBA code in these two apps that call external DLLs.

When this code runs, avp.exe's CPU usage goes up to ~30-40% (on an Athlon 64 X2 6000+).

The only other process using some cpu is acad.exe (or msaccess.exe).

 

How can I prevent KAV from monitoring my VBA routines ? I think that only .exe can be trusted, not DLLs, so I don't have a clue here !

 

Thanks for your help !

Share this post


Link to post

Exclude the access databases (path) and the folders in which access and these vbas are stored.

Share this post


Link to post
Exclude the access databases (path) and the folders in which access and these vbas are stored.

Thanks for your help.

I added those two pathes in "exclusion rules". Is that what you meant ?

Should I also add the path to autocad's installation directory ?

Share this post


Link to post

Well, it still doesn't work.

 

Here is what I have :

 

- imagemagick's dll is registered in my VBA project

- the dll is in "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick6.x.x" (by default ImageMagick installs itself in a different folder for each version number)

- Autocad is installed in 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk Map 3D 2008' (it could be 2009, so I used a wildcard in the exclusion rule below)

- In trusted applications, I have :

-'acad.exe'

-'imagemagickobject.dll'

- In exclusion rules I have 'C:\Program Files\ImageMagick*" and 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk Map*'

 

When I run the macro, acad.exe takes ~ 20%-30% of processor time, and avp.exe takes the remaining processor time (e.g. ~30%-20%, the sum of both process is always 50%, I am on a dual processor machine and avp seem to always be running on the same processor as the process it is watching).

The line of code at this moment is simply a call to a method of the imagemagickobject, so basically it is a call to a function in imagemagickobject.dll.

 

How do I prevent KAV from monitoring this process ?

 

Thanks a lot for your help !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

 

Try to enable compatibility mode under "Settings" > "Service", tick the option "Enable compatibility mode..."

Apply changes, restart the computer and check if the issue still occurs.

 

Also do have enabled Office Guard in the Proactive Defence protection component ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Try to enable compatibility mode under "Settings" > "Service", tick the option "Enable compatibility mode..."

Apply changes, restart the computer and check if the issue still occurs.

Yep, I just tried this, issue still occurs.

 

Also do have enabled Office Guard in the Proactive Defence protection component ?

I don't see an Office Guard option (I have a french version of KAV for workstations), but I have an option to watch VBA macros, and it is already off.

 

I'll try to disable proactive defense as suggested, but this cannot be a definitive solution of course.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.