Sign in to follow this  
Lightning

problem with AV for workstations and MS Access

Hello :)

A customer of mine bought 11 licenses of KAV 5.0 For workstations for his local area network, and has microsoft office 2003 Greek edition professional installed on all the pc's, with Microsoft Windows XP home edition.

We open Microsoft Access, create new table, ( everything is fine until here )

but when we try to create a form using the form creation wizzard, it asks from which table we want to create the form, and it normally should give us a list of the table's fields in order to select the fields we want to include in the form.

It doesn't give us any fields.

like the table contains no fields.

I have contacted Microsoft, and they told me " try turning off your antivirus if you have one"

I did so and the form created normally.

Any ideas ? :(

Hi!

Have you disabeld the networkdrive scan and best thing is also if it still not works after disabling that scan to disable the macro-scan for testing.

Hello :)

A customer of mine bought 11 licenses of KAV 5.0 For workstations for his local area network, and has microsoft office 2003 Greek edition professional installed on all the pc's, with Microsoft Windows XP home edition.

We open Microsoft Access, create new table, ( everything is fine until here )

but when we try to create a form using the form creation wizzard, it asks from which table we want to create the form, and it normally should give us a list of the table's fields in order to select the fields we want to include in the form.

It doesn't give us any fields.

like the table contains no fields.

I have contacted Microsoft, and they told me " try turning off your antivirus if you have one"

I did so and the form created normally.

Any ideas ? :(

You can switch "macro-defence" from "supression" to "ask"

or you can set macro security policy to high speed, IMO, kaspersky should not have had recommend settings as block most macros...would have save a big headache.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.