• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oldjim

Is this fix actually recommended

9 posts in this topic

No, that looks a lot like our old now banned resident troll on the move again.......doing his "dirty" work. :)

Thanks Don,

I have quoted this thread in reply

Thanks Don,

I have quoted this thread in reply

It is certainly not an officially recommended fix to anything, it is sometimes used by members here to troubleshoot an issue.

Well actually all that does is stop web av from scanning traffic on port 80 (www) and 443... no risk to it if you have fileAV enabled as it will catch infections on execution.

Well actually all that does is stop web av from scanning traffic on port 80 (www) and 443... no risk to it if you have fileAV enabled as it will catch infections on execution.

Thanks Baz, actually, its all ive been able to do anyway to get my Internet Explorer to open webpages properly. I trusted the support team to give me good sound advice. !

And i just noticed another poster in this section with exactly the same issues i faced. " Internet problem with KAV 2009 "

Edited by CJ2

Unchecking that option is a workaround because of a conflict, it should not be necessary under normal circumstances....instead should the cause try to be found.

P.s. Mail between you & support is for your eyes only, unless specificly allowed by the other part....which it wasn't.

Unchecking that option is a workaround because of a conflict, it should not be necessary under normal circumstances....instead should the cause try to be found.

P.s. Mail between you & support is for your eyes only, unless specificly allowed by the other part....which it wasn't.

I apologise for doing that , but i was also a little miffed about the "Troll" suggestion. I got the advice direct from Kaspersky and although it hasnt helped, it was posted in good faith.

Hope you can accept that. I'm Sorry.

Yes, of course, it's easy to get worked up, but you should just have said you were that poster instead. :)