Office 365 update broke KIS [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by rufford155,

While Office 365 was updating KIS suddenly messaged "There is a licence peoblem detected" !!! Further details revealed application was broken and advised to reinstall (which was successful). This has never, ever happened before in years of using KIS. As it happened simultaneously with the 365 update it's hard to believe it was a coincidence. Has it been reported before? Is it a bug? Is it malware?

Hello Ruford155, Welcome! Re: "There is a licence problem detected" Was the message from the Kaspersky software, about the Kaspersky software or Office 365? & re: "Further details revealed application was broken", are you able to provide what further details please? It would be very helpful if you let us know the following please: KIS version? Operating system name, version, OS build? & if the error was from Kaspersky software, please go to reports: select the timeframe when the error occurred, export the results to a text file, copy the error/s & please post back? There are some posts (links below) that provide information, however, without knowing the specific information for your situation, any troubleshooting is generic. Thanks! https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/266287-license-problem-detected/ https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-microsoft-office-subscription-license-issues

Many thanks for trying to help but maybe you should read my post again. "KIS suddenly messaged"........ obviously from KIS and about KIS itself (not Office). I have already stated the further detail thus : "Further details revealed application was broken and advised to reinstall" It also said protection and updates were halted. There are NO reports available prior to this morning when I reinstalled ! Version now is 19.0.0.1088(d) but I have no idea if this was the same before. Windows 8.1 x64 build 1900.19235

Version now is 19.0.0.1088(d) but I have no idea if this was the same before. Windows 8.1 x64 build 1900.19235
In addition to what FLOOD has said, you might want to consider installing the latest patch which is now (e) Regards mikethebike
Isn't it supposed to update itself automatically ?

Version now is 19.0.0.1088(d) but I have no idea if this was the same before. Windows 8.1 x64 build 1900.19235
In addition to what FLOOD has said, you might want to consider installing the latest patch which is now (e) Regards mikethebike
Isn't it supposed to update itself automatically ?
Yes if you have the auto update button checked but while I don't know in which region/country you are based,it just seems to be taking a long time for patch (e) to come to you. I would have thought that all areas would have it by now I had the experience of my auto-update completely skipping version KIS 18 and went from KIS 17 to KIS 19 so the auto-update can be problematical Maybe a moderator can say if patch (e) is still coming for your area or whether you may have to do a manual update. I should add that I am not saying that getting patch(e) will necessarily solve the problem but I think it worthwhile to have the latest patch - just in case - so to speak mikethebike

........ .... ....Computers & Sofware, eh ? Beyond me!!!!
Restart the computer more often, instead of less often. Don't download junk. Keep operating system and all software up to date. Uninstall junk and stuff that you don't want. Don't click on teaser junk and teaser links. Use strong passwords. Don't share your computer with other people. If you use a computer for financial business, don't let anyone else touch the computer, and don't use that computer for any risky stuff. Read up on safe computing, such as this: https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/6-tips-to-keep-your-home-computer-safe-and-secure/3071/

I am fully compliant with all of that but you can still get a surprise like this one I posted about. KIS and Office, hardly junk but still there's something incompatible apparently. I will report back in about 3 weeks time if the same happens on my other laptop abroad.

• 11 months later...
  • Solution

Yes, as stated in original posts, all was OK after reinstall and updating - or at least the problem has not happened since.

I only posted this really to ask if there was a clash between Ofice 365 and KIS, to which the answer appeared to be “YES” - or at least it was at the time (nearly a year ago now).

Since then both laptops have updated successfully to the 2020 version, after accepting the recommendation that came in notifications.

By the way, this is a much better system for updates.

The UK version is now 20.0.14.185(i) but I am not sure of the patch for the one abroad as I am prevented from travelling to it !