• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
petezjunior

How can I check if email and websites are safe using kaspersky internet security?

9 posts in this topic

How can I check the safety of emails and websites?

Not sure I understand what you mean? you want to check if Web AV are working and Mail AV ?

Is there something on itnerrnet security that can check if a website is secure before clicking on it? For example, mcafee site adviser shows if a site is safe before you click on it on google. it has a check or an x. Also, I want to check if the mail is safe before clicking on it. An X or a check or something to notify that it is safe.

KIS won't scan any links before they're clicked if it's what you mean. However, you are better protected with the KIS built-in WebAV & MailAV modules ;)

Regards,

Open KIS main interface, you'll see the green check status for the E-Mail & IM and WebTraffic modules (under the anti-malware icon).

Regards,

If you have a green traffic light you are set.

macfee site advisor...finjan or wot are mere suggestions about a site's safety examined through various protocols but an av/security suite actually protects you if you decide to plunge into these sites or other deemed safe by them ....one more thing a full updated kis2009 with all security parameters turned on would protect you better than most other security paraphernalias....a look at the ki2009 reports can easily show you the protection statistics of kaspersky...kis works silently but does its job well whereas others make noise and hanker a lot but fail when threats stare them....