• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
randy8080

Cannot access Facebook with Google Chrome because of Kaspersky

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just downloaded Google Chrome and having problems already!

Have been trying to open Facebook but keep getting the following

error :

"This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved

permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error

Below is the original error message

Error 320 (net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE): Unknown error."

I believe the problem is Kaspersky Anti Virus (I am currently using Version 7.0.0.1).

I disabled the anti virus when I got the error message above and then

I could access the site ok. I just don't understand why I have to

disable Kaspersky when using Chrome but not when I'm using IE. This

only happens on some sites. I went to Kaspersky's website to upgrade

to version 8 and got the same error message when going to the download

page.......disabled Kaspersky and then it worked!!

Anyone else having this issue?

~Randy

Thanks Lucian!

Unfortunately, I have the latest build of Chrome and there is still a problem. I will just have to wait for Google to work out the bugs. Thank you for your help!

Randy

Hello

keep in mind that chrome is only in alpha stage now, they still have a lot of problems. also chrome got an upgrade yesterday (official version 1798). are you running that? (check the about box)

you could also try upgrading kaspersky to version 2009/8.

Facebook loads fine with version chrome 1798 and kis 8.0.0.454 here

I have a similar problem - YouTube movies display the same error message as above using Google Chrome. Works fine in other browsers or when Kaspersky is turned off. (using version 6). Is there a way to remove this problem with settings in Kaspersky?

...(using version 6).

Welcome. Please upgrade to new Version 2009. Important information about V6 and instructions for clean upgrade are located in the indicated pinned topics at top of this page.

Hey Randy 8080,

As usual the mods blame everything on everything else rather than their beloved KIS. Chrome is not the issue albeit a Alpha version, it KIS.

Unfortunately KIS is ....over complicated..over rated....and overpriced............. I await the mods usual fury with bated breath.............

Hey Randy 8080,

As usual the mods blame everything on everything else rather than their beloved KIS. Chrome is not the issue albeit a Alpha version, it KIS.

Unfortunately KIS is ....over complicated..over rated....and overpriced............. I await the mods usual fury with bated breath.............

stay with the stable browsers, and stop experimenting if you dont like problems ;)

I think KL devs have more important things to do than following each "Development" build of Chrome and making changes on their already "Released" product. :rolleyes:

chrome and facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2053...&topic=5837

of course the fact that kaspersky is not mentioned means everyone uses it. but you're right kis is to blame and sucks.

:b_grins:

Edited by shah jahan

I'm having a google chrome problem with facebook, this is ridicules, i switched back to good old firefox.

Is there any information about when this problem will be fixed?

Have a great day,

Mand's

I'm having a google chrome problem with facebook, this is ridicules, i switched back to good old firefox.

Is there any information about when this problem will be fixed?

Have a great day,

Mand's

No, it's a beta and will change possibly many times before going gold.

stay with the stable browsers, and stop experimenting if you dont like problems ;)

I think KL devs have more important things to do than following each "Development" build of Chrome and making changes on their already "Released" product. :rolleyes:

:b_grins:

chrome has had problems with KIS 7 since its alpha days. (i would know, i helped test). Google knows about the issue and thinks that it affects such a SMALL number of users that they will not worry with it till closer to release day IF at all. They hope that most KIS 7 users will update their antivirus and not suffer these issues.

so no help from google.

Thanks Lucian!

Unfortunately, I have the latest build of Chrome and there is still a problem. I will just have to wait for Google to work out the bugs. Thank you for your help!

Randy

hello,

I tried to use chrome as well just recently , and well after two hours of reading how you have to install an confiqure the plugins i decided its not ready , nothing to do with KIS and no i am not even a part of KIS moderaters so not just saying that just stating my experince with chrome as well

Edited by charlesT