ccKL

facebook runs really slow with kaspersky

Please help - info posted below as per your guidelines in the forum.

Vista 32

Firewall - Windows (but disabled as per previous posts I saw in this forum)

Anti-virus - Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 version 8.0.0.357

Anti-trojan - n/a

Anti-spam - n/a

Process/registry control, like Process Guard, RegDefend, System safety monitor etc - none - I did run a registry clean up app

Backup software - n/a

Also include previous installations of these - did have Trend Micro & Spysweeper on there but uninstalled, ran registry clean up a few times then put KIS on.

Was running with trend Micro with no problems. Computer started to do a couple of wierd things (like facebook opened many browser tabs without being asked to). So ran Kaspersky free download - it said I had malware on the machine. So I removed Trend Micro and Spysweeper and ran registry cleaner a few times and then installed KIS - ran KIS only to be told no malware detected ( a little annoying since their free download detects something, you buy their software and it doesnt find anything - marketing scam?? hmmm!) Anyway we are where we are - I have KIS installed and running with Windows firewall disabled.

However, when I access facebook it is realllllly slow!! unbelievably so - especially with photos. I accessed a few other sites with pictures - (eg Flickr) but they seem to run fast as usual. It just seems to be facebook.

Other thing is that now when on facebook I sometimes get a big oblong in the centre of the screen saying "Loading" and then a small window with an exclamation error and the words object: Object. When this appears the only thing I can do is close down the browser and restart.

Maybe this is something else but in fairness the slowness all started when I loaded KIS and so too did the Object thing.

no screenshot - not needed me thinks

4. Kamille's GetSystemInfo Parser log:

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&amp...amp;Microsoft=0

any help appreciated.

thx

c

....So ran Kaspersky free download - it said I had malware on the machine. So I removed Trend Micro and Spysweeper and ran registry cleaner a few times and then installed KIS - ran KIS only to be told no malware detected ( a little annoying since their free download detects something, you buy their software and it doesnt find anything....

Welcome. The difference in detections is this: The online scanner uses extended databases, but these are not default enabled in the program. Enable them by Settings > Threats and exclusions > Settings > enable Other programs >ok >ok, and scan again.

What did the online scanner detect? Are Anti-Banner and Parental Control enabled? If so, try with them disabled, and ensure that your settings are default, including Web Traffic.

Upgrade to current build is available and recommended, see the Important pinned topics at top of this forum page for instructions, tips and download link. Try with the current build.

A heads up on FaceBook & MySpace social networking sites, read this article.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1615&tag=nl.e550

Just wanted you to know what's going on with these sites so you would be extra careful. ;)

I always take great care on MySpace and never watch videos from friends that say "You must watch this" it obvious when you know someone, and suddenly their messages become somewhat robotic in nature. Still you can never be too careful on any social networking site. I have Kis set to block download in web av just for extra security

Edited by Killhippie

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.