2 Different Chrome extensions

jshmilo
Go to solution Solved by andrew75,

Hi, 

I was just prompted in Chrome to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension again. I thought it was an update, but now I have 2 extensions… 

This is the “new” extension (old one is below):

and this is the old:

Which is the right one? Why are there 2 of these?

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

I have two extension versions, 30.390.42.0 and 1.3.8.0. Please confirm which version needs to be removed. I did not install any extension frmo the chrome store, so the above claim does not apply - probably some feedback that needs to go to the installer team in Kaspersky.

Also, the icon on 30.390.42.0 matches the one in the screenshot above, but the icon on 1.3.8.0 has a small red badge on it, when I hover over the badge it says “added by 3rd party”:

1.3.8.0 on left, 30.390.42.0 on right.

I have two extension versions, 30.390.42.0 and 1.3.8.0. Please confirm which version needs to be removed. I did not install any extension frmo the chrome store, so the above claim does not apply - probably some feedback that needs to go to the installer team in Kaspersky.

Also, the icon on 30.390.42.0 matches the one in the screenshot above, but the icon on 1.3.8.0 has a small red badge on it, when I hover over the badge it says “added by 3rd party”:

1.3.8.0 on left, 30.390.42.0 on right.

Which exact number version of Kaspersky product do You have installed?