• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
thetzfreak

How to uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS 6 Filter

Hello,

I used to have Kaspersky, but then have long since uninstalled it. However, now about a month later, I did a services check, and found this still running:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS 6 Filter

How do I uninstall this? I found this page here: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279317

But, I don't have any Kaspersky Filters listed in my LAN/Internet properties.

This is quite important, and I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Mem   

No others just yet.... What was the version you had installed - a product release version (found on the product update or trial page of the Kaspersky Lab website) or one of the betas? That may may a difference as well.

No others just yet.... What was the version you had installed - a product release version (found on the product update or trial page of the Kaspersky Lab website) or one of the betas? That may may a difference as well.

I'm not actually quite sure. It was my brother who installed it. I think it might have been the Kaspersky 2009 Anti-Virus trial version from the main website, but like I said, I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a beta version though.

biyahero   
It says that Kaspersky was not detected =\

Any other ideas?

I had that happen on one of my machines also. I didn't notice if the NDIS 6 Filter was running.... I don't think it is, but I did notice a bunch of left over directories and remnants of KIS 6, and I thought I had already run the new removal tool when I originally uninstalled version 7 that was on there before. So I tried running the new tool and it too said Kaspersky was not detected. I just deleted all the directories and ran a clean the registry tool and it seems to be OK.

Mem   

You can also force the tool to skip the product check but you will need to know which major version you had installed:

"If by some reasons the remove utility has not found the installed product in the OS and you are sure the product is installed and/or some modules still remain, then to skip product check, run the utility from the command prompt with the following syntax kavremover9.exe [kav6 | kav7 | kav2009 | kav2009x64| kis6 | kis7 | kis2009 | kis2009x64 | kav6fs | kav6wks]. For example if Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 was installed on your PC in this case the command will look the following way kavremover9.exe kis2009. "

richbuff   
It says that Kaspersky was not detected

... So I tried running the new tool and it too said Kaspersky was not detected. ...

If you are sure that some modules remain, and tool says Not Detected, then use cmd force. The following is copied from tool instructions "If by some reasons the remove utility has not found the installed product in the OS and you are sure the product is installed and/or some modules still remain, then to skip product check, run the utility from the command prompt with the following syntax kavremover9.exe [kav6 | kav7 | kav2009 | kav2009x64| kis6 | kis7 | kis2009 | kis2009x64 | kav6fs | kav6wks]. For example if Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 was installed on your PC in this case the command will look the following way kavremover9.exe kis2009."

biyahero   
If you are sure that some modules remain, and tool says Not Detected, then use cmd force. The following is copied from tool instructions "If by some reasons the remove utility has not found the installed product in the OS and you are sure the product is installed and/or some modules still remain, then to skip product check, run the utility from the command prompt with the following syntax kavremover9.exe [kav6 | kav7 | kav2009 | kav2009x64| kis6 | kis7 | kis2009 | kis2009x64 | kav6fs | kav6wks]. For example if Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 was installed on your PC in this case the command will look the following way kavremover9.exe kis2009."

Thanks richbuff

In my case the affected machine had KIS 7 but apparently that was removed by the removal tool some time ago successfully... I got the idea about remnants of Version 6 still on there I think from some directory names I ran across while doing something else. Since I deleted those directories now I suppose this won't work, but if it were to work ... just to try it... how would the command look for version 6? Would I need to put the whole version number KIS6.x.xx.xxx of just KIS6 would do?

richbuff   
... how would the command look for version 6? Would I need to put the whole version number KIS6.x.xx.xxx of just KIS6 would do?

Not the whole build number. kavremover9.exe kis6 looks like the ticket. Some directory names containing the numeral 6 may be from version 7. If you would like to do what you stated above, then uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > run the tool with cmd syntax, separately, for each product/version that you had installed > reboot after each run of the tool > reinstall Kaspersky. Of course, if you see no issues, this not need be done.

Thanks for all the replies.

I was pretty sure that that I had anti virus 2009, so I force ran it from CMD, but it still said that it was not detected. I then tried running it for internet security 2009, and it did the uninstall just fine. After this, the service was no longer found running. While it did remove the service, I'm still wondering why it didn't let me force uninstall anti-virus.

Thanks for all the help!