1 min isn't really a long time,have you thought the servers may just be a little bit busy??have you tried "just waiting" a bit longer?

its stuck on 1 minit , the timer do not count.

the screen shot is after 1 Hrs

Edited by gezoshri

That seems to be a common problem. I have seen it occur on a number of systems running versions from 6 up to 2009. On my personal system with v6 the updater tends to hang and it freezes my internet connection totally. I have to terminate all KAV processes before things go back to normal. I have had this happen on both XP and Vista systems.

What does your task manager show in the processes list for cpu and mem usage of the AVP process that launches under system when you start update?are any other processes hogging the cpu at the same time:-I used to have a prob with a previous version of mailwasher:-it didn't unload fully when it was closed and that used to stop update running correctly,other symptoms were browsing used to slow down as well,had to stop it(mailwasher) runnig using task manager,there may be something similar happening with one of apps you have installed and the updater hanging might just be the way the problem manifests itself,a symptom and not actually the problem,restarting might just be unloading the app that is causing the problem

the cpu is under 2 % and the computer is clean

after restart not always the problem will disappear, some times i need

to restart 5 or 6 times untill KAV will download all the files it needs

any idea .

Edited by gezoshri

another thing, you cannot stop it manualy

If you run Kav with self-protection disabled can you stop it then via task manager?

Edited by steve195527

Are you logged in as an Admin?

Make sure update settings are as follows... Settings>Update>Settings>ProxyServer... tick "Use Proxy server", select "Automatically detect..." and "bypass proxy.."

Click OK and then click the "Additional" tab... try (for experimental purposes) to untick "rescan quarantine" and "copy updates.."

Make sure update settings are as follows... Settings>Update>Settings>ProxyServer... tick "Use Proxy server", select "Automatically detect..." and "bypass proxy.."

this is the default settings

Click OK and then click the "Additional" tab... try (for experimental purposes) to untick "rescan quarantine" and "copy updates.."

no luck

the same problem

GetSystemInfo file is attached

Hi

Goto > http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/

Then upload the file and paste the generated link in this thread

edit, No need to register in the linked site...

Edited by shah jahan

Cannot uninstall Symantec live update I need it (not for anivirus).

download manager was in this session up but most of the time it is off

I have installed aprox 250 KAV in verios computers with symantec live update

the problem is with this computer only and the problem began only after uninstalling KAV 7 and installing KAV 2009.

I tried to uninstall, delete all relevent files and install again for a 5 times, the same problem on this machine

i have this problemn too.every time i quit kis,and start it ,update after several minits,then update complete.so is there a bug in kis 8.0.0.357.

Cannot uninstall Symantec live update I need it (not for anivirus).

download manager was in this session up but most of the time it is off

I have installed aprox 250 KAV in verios computers with symantec live update

the problem is with this computer only and the problem began only after uninstalling KAV 7 and installing KAV 2009.

I tried to uninstall, delete all relevent files and install again for a 5 times, the same problem on this machine

Those Symantec files may belong to Symantec PcAnywhere Software which is installed in this system.

You could try to uninstall that :)

i have this problemn too.every time i quit kis,and start it ,update after several minits,then update complete.so is there a bug in kis 8.0.0.357.

Hi

Maybe you should open a new thread :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.