thewild

Web Antivirus : Firefox hangs on pages with lots of images

Hi all !

We are using KAV for Workstations MP3 here, on WinXP Pro SP3 computers.

When the Web Antivirus service is running, browsing on pages with lots of images in FireFox (2.0.0.14) hangs : the images start to load, but stops after some time.

For example, in a "google images" search like http://images.google.be/images?gbv=2&n...tart=0&sa=N, the first two rows of images load very fast, not the third one (I just have the placeholder). After 8-10 seconds, the rest of the images are loaded.

I tried to disable script checking but it doesn't help.

I tried with streaming or buffer analysis, but this behaviour happens in both cases.

Disabling HTTP analysis does fix this bug (even if script checker is still enabled).

I also tried the same page in Internet Explorer, and this browser does not have this bug !

I have extensions loaded in Firefox, but none of them are "tweaking" extensions (maybe only adblock).

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.