Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thallium

License key Installation Problems

3 posts in this topic

I have 2 license keys, one for 25 and one for 70. I installed the 25 license keys first, then I created another install package to use the remaining 70 licenses. This all seemed to work fine for a while, and then suddenly I started to get reports that I was over on licenses (28 of 25). This makes no sense. The first time this happened I was able to install a license key for the 70, but now when I try it gives a "check date/time"error.

So, why do I get conflicting reports of licensing, and how do I keep this from happening again? I installed the 70 as a backup key, but this had no effect. I have read in other forum entries that this could happen, so has this been addressed? How is it possible for a user to have a good license one day and be over the next?

I have 2 license keys, one for 25 and one for 70. I installed the 25 license keys first, then I created another install package to use the remaining 70 licenses. This all seemed to work fine for a while, and then suddenly I started to get reports that I was over on licenses (28 of 25). This makes no sense. The first time this happened I was able to install a license key for the 70, but now when I try it gives a "check date/time"error.

So, why do I get conflicting reports of licensing, and how do I keep this from happening again? I installed the 70 as a backup key, but this had no effect. I have read in other forum entries that this could happen, so has this been addressed? How is it possible for a user to have a good license one day and be over the next?

I was able to delete some old PC's and use their license, looks to be the source of the problem of going over on licenses. I still do not understand the date/time issue, I have read on KAS site that this can happen but there is no info on how to fix it.

Hello,

Please read this FAQ, it can help in your case to restore the good number of license used in your network.