Sign in to follow this  
Boz

Anti-virus database update deadline missed

Hey,

I have Administration Kit installed (5.0.474) on server with all WS connected threw him (5.0.227 & 5.0.474). recently, i started getting error messeges "Anti-virus database update deadline missed" in some of the WS and i noticed that the WS doesnt get any updates. i also tried to change that the updates will be taken from the internet instead of the Admin server and its still doesnt get any updates.

(See Attachment)

Please help me,

Boz

post-6568-1134397234.jpg

Strange... I have the same errors on my workstations ....

anyone ?!

Hey,

I have Administration Kit installed (5.0.474) on server with all WS connected threw him (5.0.227 & 5.0.474). recently, i started getting error messeges "Anti-virus database update deadline missed" in some of the WS and i noticed that the WS doesnt get any updates. i also tried to change that the updates will be taken from the internet instead of the Admin server and its still doesnt get any updates.

(See Attachment)

Please help me,

Boz

Yupp samehere.. I cant get any NEW updates from kasperskylabs anymore. The only one thats being downloaded gets rejected on the same second its being installed.

Update: tried just updating again. Now it works.

Hey Electro,

I tried updating those stations again and again. but still it cant get any new updates. tnx anyway.

every day, i find out that another station in my network stop getting updates, can some one help us here?

Yupp samehere.. I cant get any NEW updates from kasperskylabs anymore. The only one thats being downloaded gets rejected on the same second its being installed.

Update: tried just updating again. Now it works.

Update - Still NOT WORKING ! :(

I want my MONEY BACK !

Thinking about moving back to Norton !!!!!

Update - Still NOT WORKING ! :(

I want my MONEY BACK !

Thinking about moving back to Norton !!!!!

Perhaps a little drastic after one day?

I have reported this to Igor & Kulaga. :)

Perhaps a little drastic after one day?

I have reported this to Igor & Kulaga. :)

Don hi,

First .. thanks for reporting this error ...

and second ... I have this error 2 weeks by now... but I only complained now :)

Just to add my voice to the thread - I'm seeing the same problem at my site. When I select a workstation in admin kit and manually run the 'download updates' task on this workstation, it completes successfully but immediately after that the 'download updates rollback' task starts and rolls back the updates.

Some workstations are still updating OK, though...

Don hi,

First .. thanks for reporting this error ...

and second ... I have this error 2 weeks by now... but I only complained now :)

Two weeks!! You have definitely been patient. :)

Lets hope Kulaga or Igor sees this thread (or their inbox ;) ) soon. Keep bumping the thread.

When I go to the problematic workstation and click the Update link in the KAV user interface, then the updates are downloaded successfully, but after that comes the message "Bases reloading failed. Bases rollback was initialized" and the bases are indeed rolled back.

When I replace the bases manually (from updates_zip folder on ftp.kaspersky.com) then these bases are accepted and also on clicking the Update link the (even newer) bases are successfully loaded from our KAV server. I'll keep an eye on this WS to see whether further automatic updates are successful.

However, this is not a very good "solution" since a lot of manual work is involved.

Hi everyone

Which User-Account is given to the sheduled Update-Task?

Was there another AV Product installed before KAV?

Workaround ist to delete content of the local update folder which is:

C:\documents...\all users\application data\kaspersky lab\KAV for workstations\5.0\Bases\

or use following technote: Update using ZIP archives

otherwise searc's Kaspersky's Knowledgebase for e.g. 'manual update'

We're investigating the problem at the moment. You could greatly help us by collecting the Updater component logs and sending them to me at Oleg.Bykov@kaspersky.com. To start collecting logs, add the following values to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Workstation\5.0.0.0\Debug]

"TraceFile"="_upd.log"

"TraceLevel"=dword:0000000a

After that, start the updater task.

Which User-Account is given to the sheduled Update-Task?

Default account.

Was there another AV Product installed before KAV?

It seems that the problematic machines are these that used to have KAV 4.5 installed before (and removed by installation of KAV5). However, not all the machines that earlier had KAV4.5 are having the problem.

Workaround ist to delete content of the local update folder which is:

C:\documents...\all users\application data\kaspersky lab\KAV for workstations\5.0\Bases\

or use following technote: Update using ZIP archives

otherwise searc's Kaspersky's Knowledgebase for e.g. 'manual update'

As noted, that's what I did and it does work.

It seems that at least in some cases the solution is embarrassingly simple: reboot.

I tried everything describe here ... but nothing helped me out ...

it fix's it just when I re-install the kav for ws .. but I won't re-install it again 30 times ....

is there anything else ????

is there anything else ????

Hi Musa

Have you sent the logs that Oleg requested? :)

We're investigating the problem at the moment. You could greatly help us by collecting the Updater component logs and sending them to me at Oleg.Bykov@kaspersky.com. To start collecting logs, add the following values to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Workstation\5.0.0.0\Debug]

"TraceFile"="_upd.log"

"TraceLevel"=dword:0000000a

After that, start the updater task.

It looks like cleaning the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\KAV for Workstations\5.0\UPDTemp\

can often resolve the issue.

Hey guys,

sorry for the delay.

I tried all the suggested ideas, none of them worked for me.

Oleg,

I sent the log file to you by mail.

Thanks for the help,

Boz

The results vary by machine.

Yesterday, one machine magically fixed itself when I was gathering the log. This was before it was discovered that clearing the UPDTemp directory may resolve the issue.

Today I tried with another machine, and specially looked at the UPDTemp folder. It contained two subdirectories, named "Workstation" and "Rollback". These subdirectories were empty. I deleted them and tried to run the Update task, but it was still followed by rollback. I'll send a log of this process by mail to Oleg.

Ok, here's the scoop. There are two reasons for the Workstations to behave that way.

1. There might be a registry value, that prevents the loading of AV-bases on all KAV for Workstations 5.0 up to and including MP3:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\KLIF\Parameters

NoTSP : REG_DWORD

This key may appear after installing Kaspersky AntiSpam or some versions of Kaspersky AntiHacker. These product are not compatible with KAV for Workstations 5.0 and should not be used together. To resolve the issue, simply delete this value.

2. There is a bug in KAV for Workstations (all versions up to MP3) that caused the engine to reject AV-bases after some time (depends on the machine - sometimes it takes a week, sometimes more). The issue can be solved by restarting the AV-service on that machine. The bug is already fixed and will be included in the upcoming KAV for Workstations 5.0 MP4.

Just to add my voice to the thread - I'm seeing the same problem at my site. When I select a workstation in admin kit and manually run the 'download updates' task on this workstation, it completes successfully but immediately after that the 'download updates rollback' task starts and rolls back the updates.

Some workstations are still updating OK, though...

I had the same problem: Bases would download but at the very end of the update they would rollback and KAV would say that my updates were outdated.

--I tried everything i could think of

--delete the c:\documents and settings\all users\kaspersky\bases folder -DIDN'T WORK!

--un-install / re-install -DIDN'T WORK

--Safemode install -DIDN'T WORK

!The only thing that worked for me was un-installing my personal firewall. (Zonealarm)

-ALSO when i was un-installing and re-installing KAV with Zone alarm installed, there was a file being locked down. c:\windows\drivers\klif (this is some soft of filter. Kaspersky.Labs.Something.Filter) KAV would show an error message saying that i did not have sufficient privledges to overwrite this file (no read-only attribute). once i un-installed Zone alarm i re-installed KAV ( NO PROBLEM), ran an update NO PROBLEM. hopefully this will help someone -ACIDFALLOUT

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.