An observation:

Having installed KAV 2009 (with no firewall installed) and opening a PDF file I find that there is no way to easily exit the PDF except by using Task Manager to close acrobat.exe. The upper tool bar in Acrobat and the lower system tray in Windows XP SP3 are no longer visible.

Bruce

it is an issue that has been reported before (including by me) but is not fully confirmed if it is really because of KAV 2009. some have reported that it happens also without KAV installed.

you can also close it from the taskbar, by clicking on acrobats button with right mouse button. maximizing/minimizing/restoring acrobats window few times from the taskbar menu also fixes the problem temporary.

Edited by saso

it is an issue that has been reported before (including by me) but is not fully confirmed if it is really because of KAV 2009. some have reported that it happens also without KAV installed.

you can also close it from the taskbar, by clicking on acrobats button with right mouse button. maximizing/minimizing/restoring acrobats window few times from the taskbar menu also fixes the problem temporary.

Interesting. Yes using the button does work. The only change that I made was to uninstall ZoneAlarm Pro v.7.0.473.000 then uninstall KAV 7 with many re-boots. Installing KAV 2009 caused this issue to occur.

As a side note it appears that the Personal Cabinet is no longer included, at least I don't see it.

As a side note it appears that the Personal Cabinet is no longer included, at least I don't see it.

Go to kaspersky's Support page; http://support.kaspersky.com/

Personal Cabinet logon is on the top-right.

I’ve rolled back to KAV version 7.0.1.325 c.d by installing an earlier system image using Acronis TrueImage 10 until such time as my confidence level is greater with 2009.

It appears that 2009 has an improvement in download speed. In the past I had to uncheck port 80 in I believe network settings. The difference was close to 50%.

Regarding the Personal Cabinet I don’t see it in the above link provided but I didn’t spend a lot of time pursuing it. In v.7 it was included in the application.

Interesting. I have had the same problem with Acrobat Standard 8.1.2 only since installing KAV 2009 (previously had KAV 7). While scrolling PDF docs, Acro will freeze occasionally and randomly and a sort of ghosting or double window appears (see attached), I can recover by right clicking on the Acrobat task bar icon and Close. This happens reliably on kav2009_en.pdf

An observation:

Having installed KAV 2009 (with no firewall installed) and opening a PDF file I find that there is no way to easily exit the PDF except by using Task Manager to close acrobat.exe. The upper tool bar in Acrobat and the lower system tray in Windows XP SP3 are no longer visible.

Bruce

post-33965-1212876738_thumb.jpg

Really appreciate your input. Recognizing that there is a problem here I was compelled to go back to KAV 7. Currently dealing with family funeral arrangements and the flood of e-mails that are occuring I couldn’t wait very long to restore a previous image or risk the chance of losing important data.

KAV 7 has basically worked very well other than the Port 80 slow down. It’s disappointing to see this issue with KAV2009. In my opinion this should have been identified during the test of the release candidate’s.

Another concern is the pending release of Adobe Acrobat/ Reader 9 scheduled for the end of this month.

I will wait for a while to re-install KAV 2009. My initial thought is that this is not ready for prime time.

Bruce

well since we have more users that confirm this as beaning caused by KAV 2009 as those that think it is not i guess we will have to look at it closer :)

link to my first post about this http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=71139

looking around the forum and on few of the systems that i am able to work with and have KAV and KIS 2009 installed it seems that this issue is only with KAV, not KIS.

I have three computers, all with XP Home x 32 SP3. Two have KAV, the third has Avast_free and has never had KAV or KIS on it.

The Adobe freeze problem started occuring on the two "KAV" computers after the upgrade to KAV 2009. I cannot reproduce the problem on the "Avast" computer.

At this stage, all my other software works fine with KAV 2009.

well since we have more users that confirm this as beaning caused by KAV 2009 as those that think it is not i guess we will have to look at it closer :)

link to my first post about this http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=71139

looking around the forum and on few of the systems that i am able to work with and have KAV and KIS 2009 installed it seems that this issue is only with KAV, not KIS.

I have three computers, all with XP Home x 32 SP3. Two have KAV, the third has Avast_free and has never had KAV or KIS on it.

The Adobe freeze problem started occuring on the two "KAV" computers after the upgrade to KAV 2009. I cannot reproduce the problem on the "Avast" computer.

At this stage, all my other software works fine with KAV 2009.

Is there any new information available about this matter using KAV 2009 v.8.0.0 357 with Adobe Acrobat Pro v.8.1.2?

Thanks,

Bruce

I am still waiting. But I am trying different things to try to pin the problem down, including reinstalling Acrobat.

I have discovered a simple procedure to bring the problem up every time, and would be interested if this happens on your system.

1. Start Acrobat (no file open), Resize down the Acrobat window so it is not full screen

2. Press the Alt key or resize the window - Acrobat operates normally

3. Now open a PDF file

3. Press the Alt key or resize the window - problem occurs

I have also discovered how to browse a pdf file without getting the problem - don't use the mouse and scroll only using PageUp and PageDown keys.

Is there any new information available about this matter using KAV 2009 v.8.0.0 357 with Adobe Acrobat Pro v.8.1.2?

Thanks,

Bruce

developers know about the issue and are working on it. in the meantime if you like you can help to test some of the other improvements and fixes http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=72643

Thank you for the update. It’s encouraging to know that the issue is repeatable. With the pending release of the Acrobat 9 series later this month that release needs to be factored in also.

Many thanks to all that had comments.

Best regards,

Bruce

Strange bug, it only seem to affect a few and also non-Kaspersky users...............................would be interesting to see what causes it when found/fixed.

Strange bug, it only seem to affect a few and also non-Kaspersky users...............................would be interesting to see what causes it when found/fixed.

Yes Don, thank you for writing.

I have ordered Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro having a ship date of 6/24. It will be interesting to see how that goes. Having no way to confirm if the free Adobe Reader is affected also I can’t comment on that but ‘I believe’ others have seen it with that also. My PC’s are very clean running primarily business applications. If I didn’t mention it before I’m using Win XP Home Edition w/SP3.

Thanks again,

Bruce

Ooops, meant non-Kaspersky users (not none Kaspersky!) and have edited my post as well the quote in in your last post. ;)

I just installed 2009 and now I have the problem with Acrobat Reader 8.1.2. Any more info on this one?

I just installed 2009 and now I have the problem with Acrobat Reader 8.1.2. Any more info on this one?

The last post was yesterday....a friday evening, it's the weekend so safe to say...... no, there is no addtional info at this point. :)

KAV or KIS?

my acrobat 8.2.1 crashes every few mins with KIS8.0.0.357

win xp sp3 home

very frustrating wit these firefox n acrobat crashes. WORK JUS DOESNT GET DONE!!!! :pray: :dash1:

tot KIS is a lot hassel free, but its buggin the hell out of me :angry:

:aa: :pray: :dash1: :pray:

Edited by drvi

I removed KAV 8.0.0.357 from my notebook XP SP3. Acrobat 8.1.2 Standard worked without any problems. Reinstalled KAV, Acrobat problem re-appears.

Hi,

I've got the same problem using Kav 2009 and acrobat 8. I've got a little tip to make the upper tool bar visible. Open the pdf document (The upper tool bar is not visible) and press 2 or 3 time on the shortkey Windows+D.

I hope that a new version of acrobat or kav will fix the problem.

Good luck

Magic_Thib

Edited by Magic_Thib

I had this problem with adobe reader 8.12 Free and KAV 2009. I installed Adobe Ver 9 still had same problem.

solution I uninstalled Adobe, installed Foxit Free.

KAV/KIS 8.0.0.357 update "c" (soon to be released) resolves this annoying issue with Acrobat. (How wierd that Acrobat is affected but no other program is!)

I had this problem with adobe reader 8.12 Free and KAV 2009. I installed Adobe Ver 9 still had same problem.

solution I uninstalled Adobe, installed Foxit Free.

KAV/KIS 8.0.0.357 update "c" (soon to be released) resolves this annoying issue with Acrobat. (How wierd that Acrobat is affected but no other program is!)

When I open acrobat crashes. I use KIS 2009 version 8.0.0.454, and acrobat 9 pro. The same with 8.0.0.357 version too.