wguru

Why can't Kaspersky even provide real uninstallation?

Has anyone ever gotten KAV's off their system? If so, I'd sure like to know how. For over a month, everywhere I went there was KAV still there after using first the KAV uninstallers, then KisKav6Remove tool, and I'm not finding any hits at Kaspersky's website knowledgebase for a KisKav7Remove.

The forum's full of posts with removal issues and I can't find one that any KAV users ever reported everything was finally removed.

Please don't try to dillute the issue by saying what needs to be uninstalled is as see the following.

Aside from 100's of KAV6 and 7 registry entries (haven't even searched for KAV5 yet) remain, plus folder C:\KAV w/dozens of subfolders for KAV6 and 7, even the most basic of things to remove (start>programs) still listed avp.exe, worse now I find a couple of klogon.dll's refuse to delete, ref. C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1, etc., etc., etc.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.