Voodoodali

[Merged- FIXED] Kaspersky 7 - today's update - blocking certain sites

solves the blocking problem with KIS 7

KIS > Einstellung > Firewall > Setting > Zones > "Internet"

then uncheck "Stealth"

Edited by sunsmile2000

Im having a same problem can't open certain web site and its very slow. i have to pause the KIS to open the web site. any advice how to fix this problem.

Count me too as one with major problems after I updated about half hour ago. I can not access vast majority of my favorite websites, not even my Yahoo home page. I assume the fix mentioned above will be out in next few hours? I'd rather wait for that than try and figure out how to use the personal cabinet thing...I have no idea what that is, sorry. What about using the rollback feature, would that be a temp. fix? I'm hesitant to try it because I've never used it and figure I might make my situation worse. Thanks.

sorry for the double post....page is EXTREMELY slow after I clicked the submit/post button. Moderator feel free to delete this post, sorry for clutter.

Edited by bamapete

solves the blocking problem with KIS 7

then uncheck "Stealth"

Tanks that works...

Waiting for the oficial fix....

I cant open this URL www.hotmail.com im using KIS 7.0.0.125. works great this morning.

I cant open this URL www.hotmail.com im using KIS 7.0.0.125. works great this morning.

then uncheck "Stealth"

Work for me:

post-101682-1212022282_thumb.jpg

Thanks Freud it works but dont you think computer is not protected by unchecking this i hope this temporary until fix came out

Uncheck Stealth is ok. You are still very, very much protected. Unchecking Stealth is much better then unchecking Internet zone, especially if it resolves the issue. (As a matter of fact, the next Kaspersky version does not have a stealth function per se, it is not default enabled).

Uncheck Stealth is ok. You are still very, very much protected. Unchecking Stealth is much better then unchecking Internet zone, especially if it resolves the issue. (As a matter of fact, the next Kaspersky version does not have a stealth function per se, it is not default enabled).
Unchecking stealth setting for "internet" worked. I can now access united.com.

KIS 7.0.1.325 xp

KL...PLEASE ROLL BACK THIS URGENT UPDATE until it is fixed. I AM ALSO MESSED UP!!! I cannot open either of my webmail sites - Yahoo and Earthlink. I am on ver 7 (321), xp sp2. I thought it was today's MS update but I rolled it back and same problem.

HB

Did the latest upgrade for Kaspersky 7 and restarted the pc now I cannot even access google mail. What is happening. Apart from a few sites almost all of them are inaccessible. The only way to access them is if I disable the firewall.

what is going on ?

Also on boot up it takes ages for kaspersky to load.

Computer setup - windows xp professional + sp3

Welcome. There is a long thread on this very close by, but for now, re enable KIS and its main protection components. Then, Settings>Firewall>Settings>zones tab>uncheck stealth>ok on all windows>reboot.

After the recent problem update/reboot I too cannot access many sites at all, some sites are taking hours to load such as paypal.com, webmail, forums, etc, even McAfee plugin is not working. Everything was fine until recent update. I disable KIS and all is fine again.

These problems with KIS are happening too frequently over the last few years. My colleagues, relatives and friends won't install KIS because they say it too technical and they know of the problems wih it. Sorry to say this but I think it maybe time for a switch to another security product from a company who doesn't release dodgy/unchecked updates to the general public. I don't have time for this, having to keep looking after the firewall/security problems is not my job, it is Kaspersky's, that's what they are paid for.. I just want to use it, feel protected, and not have to worry about maintenance and things stopping working due to KIS.

Windows Vista Home (None SP1) build 6000

Kaspersky Internet Security: 7.0.1.321

Urgent update: b

I don't want workarounds, I don't think users should have to come to a support forum to find out about this problem. What about people who don't use the forum. Kaspersky Labs should fix this problem NOW. They are responsible for this mess but they are keeping quiet.

I hope this post manages to upload to the forum ok.

Edited by Wonnov Menny

I don't want workarounds, I don't think users should have to come to a support forum to find out about this problem. What about people who don't use the forum. Kaspersky Labs should fix this problem NOW. They are responsible for this mess but they are keeping quiet.

I hope this post manages to upload to the forum ok.

I subscribe every word, 24 hour to correct your own problems is to mutch.

Note from moderators: This fix has been released via the update servers. Please perform an update and reboot when prompted to have it applied automatically.

Hello !

If you have problems with opening sites, could you do the following :

1. disable self-defence option

2. replace klick.dat in system32\drivers folder

3. reboot.

4. check if the problem remains

P.S. this file is for 32-bin OSes : win2000, WinXP, Vista

klick.zip

Edited by Baz^^

Same damn problem over here. After the update that required a restart (28th May), I cannot access a lot od sites anymore.

Perfectly normal sites: my homepage: www.hccnet.nl, newspaper: www.ad.nl and quite a few more!

Browser unchanged: Firefox KIS 7.0.0.125

i too have this problem ! i can only see the sites when i disable the firewall

KIS v7.0.1.325 c.d

Edited by itg

What about disabling stealth mode / and Tip from Foxgen !?

What about disabling stealth mode / and Tip from Foxgen !?

I am now using someone elses PC to access the internet, but when I get back on mine later I could try these, but they are just workarounds, we the end users should not have to do this sort of stuff... it should be fixed by auto updates direct from KLabs who caused the ##!!**## mess in the first place.

Why should we have to start disabling parts of the security features of a security program in order to make it function properly again?

We now have a product that no longer works! KLabs caused the problem, they should fix it.

It wasn't too long ago when many people had the problem with wifi not working. That was something todo with ndis or klif or something like that if I remember correctly. Sorry to rant on, but I get sick of this stuff happening. What's happening with KLabs?

Please distribute a fix by auto-update now!

They can't distribute a fix without making sure it fixes the issue first

Hence why Foxgen has posted a replacement component for those affected by this issue. Once it has been isolated a fix will be pushed via autoupdate.

Hello !

If you have problems with opening sites, could you do the following :

1. disable self-defence option

2. replace klick.dat in system32\drivers folder

3. reboot.

4. check if the problem remains

P.S. this file is for 32-bin OSes : win2000, WinXP, Vista

fix it!!

:bravo:

Foxgen: new klick.dat fixed my sites not opening problem!