Voodoodali

[Merged- FIXED] Kaspersky 7 - today's update - blocking certain sites

//Note from mods:

A fix was pushed to the update servers for the non loading/website issues, please attempt to update and see if this issue still persists. If you have previously unticked "update application modules" please retick it.

=-----=

People experiencing issues such as BSOD/problem loading websites after the last update please do the following:

Please submit a ticket to Technical Support in your Personal Cabinet and attach tracelogs:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279197

- enable tracing

- update

- restart

- notice the problem

- stop tracing

- send us the logs

Also send us:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193238548

Kindly PM Igor Kurzin the case number!

Thank you!

I was unable to open up the kaspersky forum page, or the login page for other sites after the update today.

My husband's computer is having the exact same issue. He's running Windows XP and I'm running Windows Vista.

First troubleshooting was to clear our caches. Didn't work.

Next we rebooted the cable modem and router to clear their caches, and rebooted the computers. Didn't work.

I figured it was a firewall problem.

I disabled each separate part of the firewall and tried to login to office live.

It only worked when the filtration system was disabled.

Under Traffic Monitoring - the "do not check encrypted connections" has always been checked.

I unblocked every single SSL port, and when I re-enabled the filtration system, once again I could not open the login page.

I'm not sure what to do at this point other than to keep the firewall filtration system disabled. I could always use Window's firewall.

Any suggestions?

Kaspersky was working great until the update today :(

Edited by Baz^^

Since the latest update I can not load playlists on playlist.com unless I turn off kaspersky.

windows xp sp 2, with lastest updates.

Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.1.321

Under urgent update it says b.c.d.

Other security programs - Netpeeker 2.82 (firewall settings are disabled, I just use it for traffic montioring and control).

:rtfm: Here is the problem: after a hellish morning of trying to control my computer, I have been experiencing no-show webpages, disruption in internet connection speed to the outside and major frustration due to this episode ever since 11:00 am this morning.

Boy are my fingers tired.

Will there be a patch for the previous patch that patched the first patch? :blink:

Or will there be more information as things develop?

Add me to the list of slow or no loading web sites after the reboot. Using Windows XP SP3. This really pisses me off particularly after the horrible debacle with system slowdowns with the previous build. I would think Kaspersky would have increased their QC after that nightmare.

I have often recommended KIS as a consultant. I'm looking for other options. Ridiculous.

Add me to the list as well with some sites OK but others really slow and not working. This problem only happened when the C & D updates were added today.

Windows XP SP2 with all updates apart from SP3.

KIS 7.0.1.321 with Updates A,B,C,D.

No other Spyware, Virus, Firewall software running.

The only reason I'm on this site now is if I Pause KIS.

A typical website I go on is http://www.bluebirdproject.com/ If I pause KIS it then works.

Please help us ! ! !

Edited by jeggsy

Same issues for me to. I have posted this issue on another thread but here is a site that is causing me issues after todays updates:- http://www.bluebirdproject.com/

If I Pause KIS then it will work.

Just for info:-

Windows XP SP2 with all updates apart from SP3.

KIS 7.0.1.321 with Updates A,B,C,D.

No other Spyware, Virus, Firewall software running.

Edited by jeggsy

Can you post the sites with exact URLs that are not working?

The main one that I'm sure of is

http://login.live.com

I was on the phone with Microsoft (that runs the above site) for 2 hours over this and after a lot of troubleshooting, it came down to a problem opening encrypted pages.

It wasn't that I couldn't log in - I couldn't even get the login page to open.

I noticed it with a couple other sites, but don't remember the url's.

Let me reiterate that the same exact problem happened on my husband's computer after the update today. And the same thing solved it - disabling the firewall filtration.

Edited by VoodooDali

Arturs, I warned you not to carry on spamming but you seem to be ignoring me.... You can have a time out to think about that now.

Hello All,

Having the same problem many of you are having. Got a tech on LiveChat. His fix:

Go to Settings, Firewall, Click on Settings, Go to Zones tab, Uncheck Internet

I assume there will be a patch if it matters. Tech was not sure but to quote: "I sure hope so.". He indicated he was having a long day.

I don't know what unchecking that box exposes you to but that was the solution he provided.

Having the same problem many of you are having. Got tech on LiveChat. His fix:

I assume there will be a patch if it matters. Tech was not sure but to quote: "I sure hope so.". He indicated he was having a long day.

Not sure if it leaves you "unprotected" in any way.

I too am having slow to load or pages that won't load at all after the update from this morning. I'm running Windows Vista and have KIS 7.0.0.125. I just used the above tip and the pages are loading fine now. However I am concerned that this really isn't the setting we should be using to be protected. Anyone else have any info on this?

Having the same problem many of you are having. Got tech on LiveChat. His fix:

Not sure if it leaves you "unprotected" in any way.

Hmm, yes I did that and it worked.

But does that mean that the firewall won't check the internet at all?

I dunno. Obviously a kludge fix. I would expect "official" word on what is lost, what is going to be done and how to resolve.

The "official" word so far is this, and I would appreciate that you carry out the procedure:

you can please submit a ticket to Technical Support in your Personal Cabinet and attach tracelogs:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279197

- enable tracing

- update

- restart

- notice the problem

- stop tracing

- send us the logs

Also send us:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193238548

Kindly PM Igor Kurzin the case number!

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Igor Kurzin

Edited by Baz^^

Also, Windows Media Player 11 freezes for web streaming. Worked fine before this mornings update. Is there a fix for this issue?

Reinstalling and unticking "update application modules" in updater settings....for the moment.

Obviously KL will release a fix soon because it seems a number of people were affected.

Hi all first time i have posted on here.I noticed after the update that i could no longer access various websites,especially ones where i log in.At first i thought it was my router because i had tweaked it to play xbox 360 online better.However i soon narrowed it down to kaspersky firewall.For now i have put the setting in firewall to enable all.This has fixed the problem for now till they provide a patch.I did a extensive test on shields up and PC Flank at this setting and everything came out perfect,so for now i will leave it at this setting untill a patch has been sorted.Hope this has helped others on here.