whardman

Update Distribution

8 posts in this topic

I was trying to create an Update Distribution, but it doesn't seem to be wroking right. All computers are Windows XP SP3, KIS 7.0.1.325.

I have one computer set to create an update distribution at \\server\Kaspersky.

If I run that computer, then update another using \\server\Kaspersky as the update source, it updates successfully. I then run the update again and I get Update is not required.

If I change the update source to Kaspersky Update Servers (http://dnl-usX.kaspersky.com) it will update saying that it completed successfully. If I run it again I get Update is not required.

Why am I recieving updates from the Kaspersky Update Servers, when I just updated to an update distribution, that was updated less than 10 minutes earlier?

I also noticed that the Update Distribution does not create/copy the .dif files, is this normal?

Thanks,

Wesley

I was trying to create an Update Distribution, but it doesn't seem to be wroking right. All computers are Windows XP SP3, KIS 7.0.1.325.

I have one computer set to create an update distribution at \\server\Kaspersky.

If I run that computer, then update another using \\server\Kaspersky as the update source, it updates successfully. I then run the update again and I get Update is not required.

If I change the update source to Kaspersky Update Servers (http://dnl-usX.kaspersky.com) it will update saying that it completed successfully. If I run it again I get Update is not required.

Why am I recieving updates from the Kaspersky Update Servers, when I just updated to an update distribution, that was updated less than 10 minutes earlier?

I also noticed that the Update Distribution does not create/copy the .dif files, is this normal?

Thanks,

Wesley

hi wes, why dont you just set to kaspersky server, or kaspersky server us, or the county your from & leave it alone. set the update settings to hourly or what you want & keep it that way. <_<

hi wes, why dont you just set to kaspersky server, or kaspersky server us, or the county your from & leave it alone. set the update settings to hourly or what you want & keep it that way. <_<

Because I was wanting to create an update server to use. The option is there, why not use it, and save on bandwidth.

hello

what is downlaoded when you switch to servers?

Copy of the update report would be handy :)

hello

what is downlaoded when you switch to servers?

It may be that there is just a new update by the time I finish running the updater. I tried it again yesterday and it gave no additional updates when switching back to kaspersky servers.

I just ran it again. If I switch to Kaspersky update servers and there is an update available, I was also able to update the Update distribution again. It appears as if Kaspersky does a really good job of updating. In less than 5 minutes there is already (an) update(s) available.

I guess I'll stick with the Kapsersky servers.

that's why we want to see the available updates, could be just the indexes with the update dates & stats that's updated.