ptyt

You must restart your computer before proceeding with the installation

Tarfon   

Hey, I have the same problem, but the solution before didn't help. Could you, please, suggest something else? I tried also to delete the key Avp6_post_uninstall from registry, it didn't help as well.

Tarfon   

I deleted these keys, but the installation still doesn't succeed. I still have the message - Installation ended prematurely.

Should I restart after I delete the keys? The keys appear again after I'm trying to install.

Tarfon   

I get the message - "You must restart your computer....", but after I delete the avp6_post_uninstall and try to install, I see the install starting and then the process is rolling back and I get the message - "Installation ended prematurely because of an error". No other messages.

Before I've used the same KIS7, but I had some problem with it (KIS didn't start on rebooting and when I clicked on it) and because of it, I uninstalled it in order to install again. Since then I have the problem. I don't know what led to the problem of starting it before. It just has shown me the message - "ape.exe - Application error" or something like this.

Edited by Tarfon

Tarfon   

After I'm running Kavremover9, it writes - "Kaspersky Anti-virus was not detected.

Edited by Tarfon

Tarfon   

The installation still interrups with the same message - "Installation ended prematurely because of an error". I've rebooted after running kavremover9.

Tarfon   

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000034)". This is an error, I have trying to run some application. So was with KIS7 before uninstalling. Now I can't install no new programms. Maybe that is the problem of installing KIS too?

Edited by Tarfon

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000034)". This is an error, I have trying to run some application. So was with KIS7 before uninstalling. Now I can't install no new programms. Maybe that is the problem of installing KIS too?

Yes, of course...if it was there before it is not magicly going to disappear by installing Kaspersky. You have a messed up OS on your hands most likely and this is not something for this forum. :)

So, you can't help me? :blink: :dash1:

It's a forum for issues with Kaspersky anti/firewall products..........it's not a general pc help forum this needs to be understood, but you can try this: Run System File Checker (sfc.exe), this will scan all protected Windows files to verify their versions have not been overwritten or damaged, and if so will replace the compromised version with a fresh copy. To run it, click Start/Run and type 'sfc.exe /scannow' (without the quotes but with the space between the 'e' and the '/'). Alternatively, you can click start/Run and type in CMD and click O.K., when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow". You will need to insert your Windows CD into the drive to enable sfc to effect the repair. Sfc.exe will just stop without any other sign than the statusbar is gone!

Install the latest Windows Installer, if it doesn't help then i would seek help at a forum which provides this kind of service.......................well not really....personally would not waste anymore time, i would reformat and reinstall everything if i hadn't found a solution by now.

Tarfon   

Thank you very much, everybody, I solved the problem with reinstalling Microsoft NET. Framework 2.0 and 3.0. All the applications now run properly, including KIS ;)

etbalex   

Ok dudes... here's what i did:

#1. Use the norton removal tool... u can find it at:

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

#2 download and run a registry cleaner.

#3.. delete this registry folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\avp6_post_uninstall

Run the KAV setup ... THATS IT !!... hope it works for you.