Judah

Unable to install Kaspersky 6.0.3.387

Hi,

I wanted to unistall the older version and install KAV 6.0.3.837, unfortunately there seems to be some malacious files, which is preventing me to install the kaspersky 6.0.3.837 exe file, when tried to install other software too, there is a error saying unable to complete. I had run the combo fix and getsys( log files are attached) before uninstalling the previous 6.0.2.690 version.

Getsysinfo Parser summary link..

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&amp...f7b840540ac#Top

And the Kaspersky admin kit is installed in this system.

There is also an issue of opening the drive or any folder, it goes to search option directly, screen shot of which is attached.

Wanted to install superantispyware but as i mentioned none of the programs are succesfully installed.

Kindly let me know, how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

J

ComboFix.txt

hijackthis.log

post-70560-1210687753_thumb.jpg

post-70560-1210687988_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I wanted to unistall the older version and install KAV 6.0.3.837, unfortunately there seems to be some malacious files, which is preventing me to install the kaspersky 6.0.3.837 exe file, when tried to install other software too, there is a error saying unable to complete. I had run the combo fix and getsys( log files are attached) before uninstalling the previous 6.0.2.690 version.

Getsysinfo Parser summary link..

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&amp...f7b840540ac#Top

And the Kaspersky admin kit is installed in this system.

There is also an issue of opening the drive or any folder, it goes to search option directly, screen shot of which is attached.

Wanted to install superantispyware but as i mentioned none of the programs are succesfully installed.

Kindly let me know, how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,

J

Hi,

Since i was not able to get any feedback from here, i had taken back up of the Admin kit, reloaded the system. Configured the Admin kit again and all seems to be fine for the moment ( I know this might not sound valiant, but i had a deadline to meet ) ;)

So consider this issue solved from my end, but anyways any suggestion will be greatly welcomed from anyone considering the benefit of others who might face something similar in future and they can be prepared. :bt:

Thanks & Regards,

J.

Hello,

I can't find any threats in the logs posted, but I'm not an expert.

Anyway installation process can have failed for many reasons, the best way in this case is to create tracing files of installation process like described on this FAQ for KAV WKS.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.