Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sall

Blocking phishing attack in Kis

6 posts in this topic

I just had a phishing attack from Gomyron . com

A nasty little one that tries to steal your passwords ect.

Kis was warning me, and I blocked it.

I have a question though, if I set web AV to auto blocking, will phishing attack also be blocked then or will I have to do that manually ?

I wonder if kis really got it blocked because the other day I had a similar one, and not long after someone had changed the password to my rapidshare account.

Edited by Sall

You cant really set tp auto-block it, since detection comes from another component called Anti-Phishing and not Web-AV. Thus, the option to do that is not available. It is more of an interactive component. Deny as-you-go along. Always enter the website address manually and never trust malicious links. Here is a detect on v2009 (TR):

post-5933-1210649335_thumb.jpg

You cant really set tp auto-block it, since detection comes from another component called Anti-Phishing and not Web-AV. Thus, the option to do that is not available. It is more of an interactive component. Deny as-you-go along. Always enter the website address manually and never trust malicious links. Here is a detect on v2009 (TR):

post-5933-1210649335_thumb.jpg

Thats strange, Ad Muncher should be someone to trust, from your pic it looks like Ad Muncher in that case was trying to access a site known for phishing ? :unsure:

Btw. since I blocked this one, do you think that I can safely use my net banking, or will I have to get new password for that just to be sure ?

Maybe this would be something for kav to implement in a future version of kis (Auto blocking phishing sites option)

Edited by Sall

Thats strange, Ad Muncher should be someone to trust, from your pic it looks like Ad Muncher in that case was trying to access a site known for phishing ? :unsure:

Btw. since I blocked this one, do you think that I can safely use my net banking, or will I have to get new password for that just to be sure ?

Maybe this would be something for kav to implement in a future version of kis (Auto blocking phishing sites option)

Admuncher works like KIS- it proxies traffic to filter it for ads, therefore KIS sees it as the application that is connecting to the phishing site. Just basic stuff so nothing to worry about.

I prefer to have control over what my computer is doing, and KIS lets me do that by prompting me. If you want a suite that nannys you all the way, I suggest you look elsewhere. It really does get annoying if a software takes over your PC and makes all the desicions.

Admuncher works like KIS- it proxies traffic to filter it for ads, therefore KIS sees it as the application that is connecting to the phishing site. Just basic stuff so nothing to worry about.

I prefer to have control over what my computer is doing, and KIS lets me do that by prompting me. If you want a suite that nannys you all the way, I suggest you look elsewhere. It really does get annoying if a software takes over your PC and makes all the desicions.

Dont get me wrong I like Kis :)

Do you think I need to change passwords to my net banking ect. - or can I be sure that the attack was safely blocked before it could steal anything.

A good practice anyways to change the passwords once every three months or so. Depending how paranoid you are and the amount in your bank account :P