Hi all - hope that you can help me.

I have been using KIS 7.0.1.125 for about 9 months on my system.

I use Outlook 2003 as my email client. Yesterday, when I opened Outlook and tried to do a send / receive, both Outlook and KIS froze. I could not close either application, even by trying to go to the task manager. If I waited a sufficient amount of time, KIS would stop, and I would get a message from both Windows and KIS, saying that KIS had stopped abnormally. The KIS window asked me if I wanted to send the diagnostic files to Kaspersky for analysis (I said yes).

Today I uninstalled 7.0.1.125 and downloaded the latest version (7.0.1.325) - unfortunately I am having the same problem, even with the newest version of KIS.

System specifics are as follows:

Windows Home Premium 64 bit

Q6600 processor with 8 G RAM

Intel ICH 9 RAID 1 for my main data disk.

Outlook 2003 SP3

If I disable KIS, Outlook works fine.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by Paul Rosenbaum

Update -

I've been playing with this a bit more, and I found that Outlook and Kaspersky do not hang if I disable Anti-spam. Does this help in the diagnosis?

Thanks,

Paul

You can most definately try to upgrade to 325.

I tried to upgrade to 325 today, but still have the same problem.

Outlook and KIS work fine if anti-spam is disabled, but the computer freezes as soon as I enable anti-spam and open Outlook.

Take a look at Anti Spam Report. Anything unusual?

No - nothing there. It says anti-span is disabled and there are 0 files scanned and 0 files with spam found.

I did not check the report before I upgraded to the new version today. There may have been entries in the .125 version.

Paul

Just a bump for any new ideas - I submitted a support ticket to Kaspersky, but never got a response.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to diagnose / fix this problem?

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I have exactly the same problem, only just started to use Kaspersky (only used for a week or so) and my Outlook 2003 is also freezing when i try to send and receive. It was okay for the first few days and now it just freezes like yours. Thanks for your suggestion of disabling the Anti-Spam, at least it doesn't crash my PC anymore. I take it nobody else has this problem or are able to offer any further assistence?

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Paul,

I have exactly the same problem, only just started to use Kaspersky (only used for a week or so) and my Outlook 2003 is also freezing when i try to send and receive. It was okay for the first few days and now it just freezes like yours. Thanks for your suggestion of disabling the Anti-Spam, at least it doesn't crash my PC anymore. I take it nobody else has this problem or are able to offer any further assistence?

Cheers

Wayne

I'm not an expert in anything having to do with this (or anything else :rolleyes: ) but I wanted to ask you if you recently installed SP3? I'm XP Home SP3 KIS. After I installed SP3 have had several issues..I just thought I throw this out there..if this is just confusing the issue.. please disregard

Hi All,

I just installed KIS and tried to Outlook 2003. First, Outlook will no longer exchange emails with the server. Secondly, all of the images in emails are now replaced with Xs. I tried changing some of the parameters, but Outlook won't work unless disable KIS.

I'm running VISTA SP1.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Max

Edited by maxlent

I had the same problem, kinda. Outlook 2007 would not open at all. The little timer would show briefly, then nothing.

I tried adding Outlook to trusted sites, no result. I have the lastest version of Kaspersky.

Finally, I disabled anti-spam and Outlook worked fine again.

That's fine with me, I'm not crazy about Kaspersky's anti-spam program, esp. when Outlook's built in junk mail filter works so well.

Reminds me of Mcafee, their anti-spam program was shite too.

I had the same problem, kinda. Outlook 2007 would not open at all. The little timer would show briefly, then nothing.

I tried adding Outlook to trusted sites, no result. I have the lastest version of Kaspersky.

Finally, I disabled anti-spam and Outlook worked fine again.

That's fine with me, I'm not crazy about Kaspersky's anti-spam program, esp. when Outlook's built in junk mail filter works so well.

Reminds me of Mcafee, their anti-spam program was shite too.

Hi all -

I seem to have the same problem. Not sure if it's related to the SPAM filter - will give that a try.

I'm running

* KAV 6.0 (not sure which build) foe Windows Workstations

* Vista Home (unpatched)

* Outlook 2003

The hanging issue with Outlook seems to be erratic, and I am trying to review any scheduled scans for KAV which might be causing this activity.

My Outlook hangs for a very long time (20 mins or so), but there's clearly background activity. For example, I get the occasional new message notification, but the message count in the Inbox doesn't update and I can't access anything.

I can manually force the application to close, but of course, Outlook then complains that the app wasn't shut down properly and then has to rebuild the folders on the next start up.

I'll see what happens with the anti-spam shut down. But I rather like having the feature in place.............

~ Blue

Looking around the 'net, this problem seems to have been around about the same time I started experiencing it. Getting worse & really annoying with no response from KL. I knew I shouldn't have bought the two year subscription!

Looking around the 'net, this problem seems to have been around about the same time I started experiencing it. Getting worse & really annoying with no response from KL. I knew I shouldn't have bought the two year subscription!

Start your own thread and discuss your issue with an attached GSI Log.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.