Sign in to follow this  
klyf23

Question about ''(file missing)'' after Service

:blink: I'm currently also bothering one of KAV's technical support people about this as well. The question is about the '(missing file)' in the bolded entry in my ''Hijack This'' log:

O23 - Service: APC UPS Service - American Power Conversion Corporation - C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\mainserv.exe

O23 - Service: BOINC - Space Sciences Laboratory - E:\BOINC\boinc.exe

O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service (KLBLMain) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation 5\kavmm.exe" -run bl -n Workstation -v 5.0.0.0 -ttsr 10000000 (file missing)

O23 - Service: Sandra Data Service (SandraDataSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3\RpcDataSrv.exe

O23 - Service: Sandra Service (SandraTheSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR3\RpcSandraSrv.exe

Should I worry about this or not?

KAV Small Business Optimal for Windows Workstations 5.0.225.

...your KAV is still running or not ?!

The line C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation 5\kavmm.exe" -run bl -n Workstation -v 5.0.0.0 -ttsr 10000000 can be found in the registry just open regedit and search for KAVMM.EXE on the machine to see if Registry-Key is still available.

It's sounds to me that HijackThis finds the Registry-Key but not the KAVMM.EXE or the extension options are not correctly recognized by HijackThis!

...your KAV is still running or not ?!
Seems to be working just fine.
The line C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation 5\kavmm.exe" -run bl -n Workstation -v 5.0.0.0 -ttsr 10000000  can be found in the registry just open regedit and search for KAVMM.EXE on the machine to see if Registry-Key is still available.

It's sounds to me that HijackThis finds the Registry-Key but not the KAVMM.EXE or the extension options are not correctly recognized by HijackThis!

Ah, right. It shows up just fine in the registry:

"C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation 5\kavmm.exe" -run bl -n Workstation -v 5.0.0.0 -ttsr 10000000

Hijack This is probably getting confused by the switches.

Thank you.

NoProb! Check out if a newer version of Hijack is available and try it again :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.